Everton (a) Post-Match Thread

As already stated before it was a joke about the player being at the game it is called sarcasm, I was saying it before someone piped up with it, as we all know how precious people on here are about points now, so for not reading my post about it being a.joke then commenting you can have the dick of the day award for Sunday
I accept your nomination for dick of the day, and ive just seen your "its a joke" sorry ,ive been clarkied : )

I am a dick of the day

I read so much on here about the state of our defence. No doubt we are struggling with injuries but look at the stats. In 7 premier league games this season we have scored 27 goals and conceded 7. That’s an average of almost 4 goals scored and 1 conceded per game. We could have the worst defence in the league but if we keep scoring 4 goals a game we aren’t going to lose many.

People really need to lighten up and enjoy what’s happening.

That is the challenge we have. We just need to make sure we either blow teams away early or score a lot of goals throughout the game.

I think a lot of our away games are going to be tougher now because teams saw how having a go like Norwich did (albeit with lots of help from the defence) paid dividends. Our defence is shaky when got at and it’s up to the team as a whole to limit the number of chances we give up. Everton had too many for my liking yesterday but had we taken those two chances that let’s face it, were horrendous misses, we would have had the game wrapped up much earlier.

What tosh.

We scored 3 so Pickford would have needed to make two additional saves to even things up.

Eddie made two decent saves.

Gundogan missed an open net from two yards.

Sterling missed the goal from 8 yards when clean through. We should have had a minimum of 5.

We had 20 shots to their 12 and 2/3rds of the possession. There’s no metric, from stats to simply watching with the human eye, that suggests Everton deserved a draw.
We had 9 shots on target they had 8, don't get me wrong I will take 3 points away at goodison all day, we started like a house on fire for the first 15 minutes, then for a reason I don't know our intensity died, our passing became slower and some players were just not at the races yesterday

Blues need to keep the faith in Pep, sure we’re struggling at the back,who wouldn’t with our injury list, but we’re doing better than ok.

We'd do even better, if certain defenders would stop giving away needless free kicks, by trying to win balls they aren't going to get and
in areas where the opposition player is going nowhere.

I accept your nomination for dick of the day, and ive just seen your "its a joke" sorry ,ive been clarkied : )

I am a dick of the day
I don’t think Tommo was joking, he was so negative about our performance that he quoted twice about Bellis getting a ticket with the second one ending “just saying”. It was only when he was asked by @Ric was he joking or wumming he said “yes I was joking before someone else said it”

The posts just didn’t have the wum feel. I think you are entitled to remove your dick of the day nomination, like the Birmingham six you were pressurised into admitting your guilt under duress.

Tommo, it’s nothing personal :-)

L'pool will lose at least two matches this season, one at home and one away, both to a team in blue.
Will that be the "team in blue" that has won just at Klanfield just twice in 60 years? I saw those wins, I'll definitely get a ticket if you assure me we'll win there this season.

Watched the game back this morning dispassionately and none of the players getting hammered yesterday (Zinchenko, Gundogan and Sterling) was anywhere near as bad as suggested. Sterling in particular kept trying, kept making his runs, but just had one of those old style Raheem days when he over-ran the ball several times, and Zinchenko gave away two soft free kicks, one of which he was a bit unlucky with. The bigger problem is simply that, in the absence of Laporte and Stones, we have an absolute midget, makeshift defence, and are horribly vulnerable at set pieces. Of the 8 corners and free kicks Everton had in the 2nd half, they won 4 of them, and at point blank range. Other than that though, I thought they posed little threat and that, courtesy of Kev and Riyad, we were the better team throughout

I’ve just watched the MOTD coverage and after the 3rd goal I noticed that Rodirigo was signalling/encouraging our fans to shout up in support. Was it quiet at the game? You can’t tell from TV highlights as I am convinced they mute/turn down our singing. Away games are usually the noisiest I find so I just wondered.

I had a ticket and should have been there but the old body let me down. However, don’t fret you empty seat worriers, I found someone to go in my place! :-)

We had 9 shots on target they had 8, don't get me wrong I will take 3 points away at goodison all day, we started like a house on fire for the first 15 minutes, then for a reason I don't know our intensity died, our passing became slower and some players were just not at the races yesterday

Everton played well. That is no slight on Manchester City.

Sometimes, you have to give the other team some credit.

I thought we played very well in a tough football match. We were in a game from the start.

That does not mean that we were poor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.