Everton (H) Post Match Thread

He wasn't offering Delph much help is why, and at 2-1 we needed a change.
Leroy has world class talent, but isn't yet a world class player. To become world class he probably needs to up the intensity - doesn't chase lost causes. But he's young and on the brink of becoming world class.

Jesus has been great for last few games. Finally getting the goals too, unplayable on his day.

Gundogan has to be one of our most underrated players by our own fans. Thought he ran the show yesterday. Obviously a different type of player to Silva and Kdb, but did so much for us yesterday. Consistantly performs for us.
Totally agree. Gundogan has a top all round game and quicker than he's given credit for..

No, the referee actually did what he should do, play advantage until there isn't one, then call it back, he did this very effectively for me, it may not suit everyone's view of the game, but its right, if there's a foul and the ball breaks for you, but then doesn't give you an advantage in say 30 seconds, bring it back. There was an offside given against us first half, it was very late 15-20 seconds, but not given until we tried to take the ball, in the current rules, that is also spot on.

I'm not a fan of Pawson, he let some really niggly stuff go on yesterday, but he did get the 'advantage' rule right yesterday, and in tricky conditions too.

Ok , but the incidents I was referring to there was no advantage, ie offside , or a foul when the other team had the ball.

If a player from A fouls player from B, resulting in Team A having possession, why wait 10 seconds to blow a whistle. Or the Jesus offside effort, linesman was having a chat to wife on the phone before he put the flag up.

Leroy has world class talent, but isn't yet a world class player. To become world class he probably needs to up the intensity - doesn't chase lost causes. But he's young and on the brink of becoming world class.

tbf he's tracked back more this season (last 10 games really) than in any other period of his career

He got that right too, they have to wait until the player tries to make contact, which he did, it was quite a delay, but it was correct.

Come on, you know better than that. The player doesn't always have "Try to make contact" to be offside. It is not worth getting embroiled in a decisions debate, as the professionals seem to get them wrong , every week
Anyhow that was only one example of the many times play was allowed to go on for a long time, before being stopped and it was not always when he was trying to play an advantage.
My suspicion is communication was being made with between officials ,but not only ref and linesman and fourth official, just maybe another not at pitchside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.