Everton Thread 2019/20

Apparently interested in BOTH Zaha and Iwobi. Not bad players but for £100m combined that's not great business.

I think it's OK. Iwobi IMO is a lot like Chamberlain where he's stuck at Arsenal and needs a change of scenery. If they spent 40m on him I could see him being worth a lot more in a few years especially at the rate prices are going up.

Zaha for £60m is great business if you're looking at the fees paid around the country in the past 2 years. He's still only 26 and could argue about being the best player outside the Top 6.

Richarlison-Kean-Zaha is better than United and Chelsea's front 3s.

I think it's OK. Iwobi IMO is a lot like Chamberlain where he's stuck at Arsenal and needs a change of scenery. If they spent 40m on him I could see him being worth a lot more in a few years especially at the rate prices are going up.

Zaha for £60m is great business if you're looking at the fees paid around the country in the past 2 years. He's still only 26 and could argue about being the best player outside the Top 6.

Richarlison-Kean-Zaha is better than United and Chelsea's front 3s.

Very much agree about the the front three. I have no issues with Zaha, I just wouldn't want to be the ones paying that fee for him. FWIW I see Everton finishing 7th just outside of the top six if they can bring in Zaha.

Very much agree about the the front three. I have no issues with Zaha, I just wouldn't want to be the ones paying that fee for him. FWIW I see Everton finishing 7th just outside of the top six if they can bring in Zaha.

With Zaha I think they put themselves in a position where if one of the top 6 has a bad season, they can overtake them. And I think that's basically the best anyone outside the top 6 can hope for with a £200m revenue gap between 6th and 7th.

With Zaha I think they put themselves in a position where if one of the top 6 has a bad season, they can overtake them. And I think that's basically the best anyone outside the top 6 can hope for with a £200m revenue gap between 6th and 7th.

Fully agree. Many will make the trendy picks of Everton, Leicester, Wolves, or West Ham cracking the top six but the reality is those clubs are very good sides but still have quite the gap between the top six. Leicester will still be good but Maguire is surely a big loss for them. West Ham made some solid additions but it always seems to be inconsistency that sees them fall in the table, and Wolves I think will be very good but I see them finishing lower than 7th due to European commitments. Everton seem the best poised to take advantage of Chelsea, United, or Arsenal having a poor season.

Think there's a small gap between us and Liverpool, a decent gap between them and Spurs, and then an even bigger gap between Spurs and the other three.

Fully agree. Many will make the trendy picks of Everton, Leicester, Wolves, or West Ham cracking the top six but the reality is those clubs are very good sides but still have quite the gap between the top six. Leicester will still be good but Maguire is surely a big loss for them. West Ham made some solid additions but it always seems to be inconsistency that sees them fall in the table, and Wolves I think will be very good but I see them finishing lower than 7th due to European commitments. Everton seem the best poised to take advantage of Chelsea, United, or Arsenal having a poor season.

Think there's a small gap between us and Liverpool, a decent gap between them and Spurs, and then an even bigger gap between Spurs and the other three.

Part of the problem at the moment is that Watford, Leicester, Wolves and West Ham are all going to get in each others' way and probably take more points off each other than they take off 5th and 6th.

I think Spurs could bridge the gap to Liverpool this year if they pick up Bruno Fernandes, Lo Celso or Dybala.

Its should be a good season though, there's a lot happening in the Premier League right now, a lot of deadwood has been cleared out over the last few years and ambitions are growing. Very few clubs are just there to stay up for the 10th season.

Part of the problem at the moment is that Watford, Leicester, Wolves and West Ham are all going to get in each others' way and probably take more points off each other than they take off 5th and 6th.

I think Spurs could bridge the gap to Liverpool this year if they pick up Bruno Fernandes, Lo Celso or Dybala.

Yeah, that's a big reason why it's so hard to bridge the gap into the top six. The top six will occasionally drop points to the other 14, but not very compared to those in the 7-14 range as they do seem to beat up on each other. Having a difficult time trying to pick who will be relegated this season as well. Other than Sheffield United not many of them jump out to me. Think Palace are fucked if they sell Zaha though.

Pickford
Coleman, Mina, Keane, Baines
Gomes, Sigurdsson, Davies
Richarlison, Kean, Bernard

Good enough for a top four spot?

Swap Coleman for Djibril Sidibe (who they’re signing on loan)

Zaha for Bernard

And Baines for Lucas Digne and you’ve got a top 6 team no doubt
I forgot about Digne. :s

Calvert-Lewin may be first choice whilst Kean settles in.

I forgot about Digne. :s

Calvert-Lewin may be first choice whilst Kean settles in.

My best man is a toffee and he’s giddy as a school boy for this season

He’s bloody miserable though, apparently they’re all like that at Everton. Although if I lived next door to the Bin Dippers I’d be on speed dial to the Samaritans an’ all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.