Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't go down but fuck me Moshiri is a clown. Purchasing has been awful and they've let Digne go to a rival.

New Stadium is not actually a huge immediate cost to the club. Not just an issue with Rafa but issues at board level.

They're just a poor team. They will languish in mid-table for decades if nothing changes. Too good to go down (well I think anyway, might be wrong) and nowhere near good enough to challenge for anything substantial. Mid-table purgatory.

Quite why the horse punchers worshipped Benitez is still beyond me, he is living out on that CL win when let’s face it Milan shat the bed.
I think he was a good manager and a talented tactician, but I think most of the love for him comes from what he did off the pitch in terms of Hillsborough etc, buying into what they consider the scouse way etc. Good manager still but not as good as Klopp or Guardiola are now.

Totally right about that 2005 final though. It makes me laugh that Gerrard gets so much praise for that final. He was getting destroyed in central midfield, especially by Kaka (remember the third goal?) before Hamann came on and stabilised the team, allowing Gerrard to go do his roaming Roy of the Rovers act. Always felt Gerrard lacked discipline tactically and was much better as a number 10 than a central midfielder. Definitely his best ever season came behind Torres and with the insurance of Alonso and Mascherano behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.