Everton tickets on open sale

DTKOAG said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We have sold out every home league game weeks in advance this season. And the majority last season too. I bet it's 12 months since we didn't sell out a league game.
Saying that Fulham this Saturday might be the 1st !

Looks like they are just selling odd returns, and we seem to have most of the away end too!

We'll sell out every home league game this year. I think the last time that happened was the season we moved in.

I've been to Everton away plenty of times over the past 20-odd years and rarely seen much in the way of trouble - I didn't start doing aways until well after the '81 quarter-final so have missed most of the more serious incidents that have occurred there in the past.

However, I decided 2 seasons ago that I would never set foot in Goodison Park ever again after the treatment of our fans by the police during our 2-0 defeat there (the game when Robinho was subbed on and subbed off). Plenty of blues including my mate were lifted that day and in the vast majority of cases it was for nothing more than indulging in a bit of banter with the home fans. In some cases it was for even less or nothing at all. My mate had little choice but to plead guilty as to go not guilty would've involved paying for a brief and it was money he simply didn't have. It was a calculated risk that paid off to an extent - when it got to court, he was bound over for 18 months and slapped with a £200 fine but luckily no banning order. To be fair, the duty solicitor played a bit of a blinder stating that he was going through a divorce and fighting for custody of his kids (all true) and that probably led to a lenient sentence being dished out. The duty solicitor told him that on that particular day the police were on a mission to arrest as many people as possible both at the match and also picking on the locals on the lash in Liverpool that evening.

To compound things, the police pulled their usual ****'s trick of waiting until just after the last train had gone before booting him out onto the street and the other half had to scoot across to Dipper-land to pick him up. Not only that, our mini-bus was bricked on the way back home from the game on the outskirts of Liverpool. I almost got nicked myself at the match after a totally laughable exchange with a copper - when exclaiming that the referee had "given a fucking penalty", he tapped me on the shoulder and advised me to stop swearing which was fair enough I suppose, but also to "keep the noise down" - a comment that I find totally incredulous. If I hadn't just witnessed my mate being nicked 10 minutes earlier, I would've been tempted to answer the fucker back but realised it wasn't worth it.

Can't afford it. I went to Liverpool and I'm going to Villa. If I could go to every single game I defiantly would but it's pick and choose with me.

BillyMC said:
strongbowholic said:
In fairness, given the current economic climate, I can imagine lots of people are faced with choices where £30-£50 on a footie ticket, midweek isn't feasible.

For instance, despite living in Manchester, I work up in Scotland during the week as that is where the work (therefore money) is at the moment.

I would fucking love it if I had this job but in Manchester as then I'd see my family throughout the week AND be able to do all the City games too. Luxury.

What i dont get is that we take 6,400 to Anfield in the CC but struggle to sell out for Everton in a vital league match. Thought it would have been the other way round.
Sadly I weren't one of the 6,400 for same reasons stated earlier. The Liverpool game was a semi final as well, whereas the Everton game is one of a number of league games left which may explain why? What's our allocation for Everton? I'm reading here we're almost sold out now anyway?

Can't afford it either, Wigan, Utd in the cup, Liverpool (still reeling missing 25mins!!!) and Villa in Feb....my bank account's not too happy with me at the minute...!

Well done to all the fans able to make it though....sing extra loud and proud please to shut all the critics and scouse w*nkers up!

SuperbiaInProeliaEL3 said:
Can't afford it either, Wigan, Utd in the cup, Liverpool (still reeling missing 25mins!!!) and Villa in Feb....my bank account's not too happy with me at the minute...!

Well done to all the fans able to make it though....sing extra loud and proud please to shut all the critics and scouse w*nkers up!

100% same as me.

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Fine there? I take it you weren't in the coaches that were bricked in each of our last two visits! I was.
That was probably posters on here though rather than Everton fans.
There you go again you little cow!

-- Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:59 pm --

NDJong said:
You having a laugh, after Bobby Mac rang me and left a recorded voice asking for my support, we can't really say much about not selling out home games.
Name me the last league game we didn't sell out at home.

I'm not gonna trawl through our attendances for the last 12 months, but the majority of cup games.
A tout i know bought a handful of singles and sold them to RAGS a few days before the FA Cup game.

I'll watch it on TV and turn it of at 85 minutes and do a little giggle cause no one there will know I've left the game early...

If it's on a weeknight and on tv then it'll take time to sell out. If this game was on a saturday on not on tv it would of sold out a lot quicker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.