"Every decent business has debt"

jpinblue

this is according to a rag that i unfortunately associate myself with, after a small discussion about glazer.

im so confused.

he has replied with this:

hahaha i know there is a gearing average for each industry but in football there is always debt , we are way above debt average but you base it on how much net assets you have and we are worth apparnelty 1.2 bil and debts 700 m so thats like just over 55% of gearing which aint to bad for a company earning loads.

what can i say back haha? i know nothing about finances and he does....shame his club dont

The fact that you know nothing about finances could mean that he could spout any old mumbo jumbo and it will apparently make sense

Just make him a banner saying "750 million pounds, and that's a fact"

Get the amount of money they spent on players on average pre-glazier, compare with post-glazier, then get the avergae ticket prices pre-glazier, and compare post glazier, then spell out why the club being in so much debt is shit for making a decent team and for the fans, and then procede to laugh at him.

Don't give a shit if he thinks they're a viable business, they are a football club, and their completely unneccesary debt is hampering their ability to win football matches.

A lot of very good business run with manageable debt but they use it to increase profits and therefore strengthen the business. They issue bonds at 8% but use the money to make 16% profit. United only just manage to service the debt and in no way does it makes their business stronger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.