Every Premier League Title Winner Ranked

Responses to articles like these always remind me of the hypocrisy of rival football supporters.

"Pfft, Guardiola? Pellegrini? Mancini? ANY manager would win the league with the players they have at City"

Oh, so what do you guys think of City's team then?

"Pfft, City are SHIT!"

2hwufo.jpg

Last edited:
Arsenal invincibles’s for me should be second it’s some feat going unbeaten will that ever be done again? like us getting 100 points probably the rags 99 treble winner 3rd our domestic quad fourth!

That’s me trying to be totally impartial.

I do think the 18/19 would beat the 17/18 team in a one-off game.

The 17/18 team were a bit more vulnerable to being pressed and countered. 95% of the time that's not an issue but against a top quality side the vulnerabilities are there. The 18/19 side were a steely as fuck side and I think they could handle the intense press of the 17/18 side better.

The 5 games against Liverpool from January 2018 to January 2019 showcased the small difference in quality between the two sides.

Hmmm. Not sure about that. If you look at the teams based on who played the most games in the league, Vinnie doesn't make the back four in 18/19; of course he willed himself fit and was crucial for the run-in.

The 18/19 team, on that basis, wouldn't realistically feature KDB, who is and was our best player.

Anyhow, the squad was not much different across the two seasons and I think over them we were witnessing the greatest English "team" ever. Only the failure to become Champions of Europe gives detractors serious ammunition to deny that; and that failing had far more to do with the vagaries of fate and trying to chase every trophy than the quality of the team.

Hmmm. Not sure about that. If you look at the teams based on who played the most games in the league, Vinnie doesn't make the back four in 18/19; of course he willed himself fit and was crucial for the run-in.

The 18/19 team, on that basis, wouldn't realistically feature KDB, who is and was our best player.

Anyhow, the squad was not much different across the two seasons and I think over them we were witnessing the greatest English "team" ever. Only the failure to become Champions of Europe gives detractors serious ammunition to deny that; and that failing had far more to do with the vagaries of fate and trying to chase every trophy than the quality of the team.
Putting quality to one side, I personally enjoyed 17/18 more.

18/19 felt like we had to be perfect every game to match this other side cheating and having everything handed to them by playing with an extra man every game.

Reactions: OB1
Arsenal invincibles’s for me should be second it’s some feat going unbeaten will that ever be done again? like us getting 100 points probably the rags 99 treble winner 3rd our domestic quad fourth!

That’s me trying to be totally impartial.
Not for me.

Football is about scoring goals, winning games and gaining points... way down the list is not conceding goals and not losing games. Games lost and goals conceded don’t even come into consideration if teams finish level on points+goal difference+goals scored to separate them.

Winning 26 games, scoring 76 goals, having a +47 goal difference, and getting 90 points is very good... but it’s rightly not as good as those that have bettered it.

We won more games, scored more goals and had a better goal difference in our 2011-12 title winning season (and only had a point less).

Me too. The sheer iron will involved in winning 14 consecutive games, under enormous pressure and in the face of a rabid media to win the title, was incredible
The sheer iron will of watching them all shouldn’t be underestimated. My wife is adamant that I have never been the same person since that final 14 games.

The sheer iron will of watching them all shouldn’t be underestimated. My wife is adamant that I have never been the same person since that final 14 games.
Burnley away and Leicester at home were unbelievably tense!

Not for me.

Football is about scoring goals, winning games and gaining points... way down the list is not conceding goals and not losing games. Games lost and goals conceded don’t even come into consideration if teams finish level on points+goal difference+goals scored to separate them.

Winning 26 games, scoring 76 goals, having a +47 goal difference, and getting 90 points is very good... but it’s rightly not as good as those that have bettered it.

We won more games, scored more goals and had a better goal difference in our 2011-12 title winning season (and only had a point less).

Respect your opinion but 38 games undefeated is something that will not happen again like 100 points.

Respect your opinion but 38 games undefeated is something that will not happen again like 100 points.
When you look at it away from just the league table, you have to factor in the pressure that will have been building each week for Arsenal to keep that unbeaten record. So I suppose it’s not just a case of how many wins goals and points they ended up with.

Do you know what though?, I’ve a funny feeling 2021-22 might be a season someone does it again!

I think I’ll always think it’s a better achievement to gain more points though.

When you look at it away from just the league table, you have to factor in the pressure that will have been building each week for Arsenal to keep that unbeaten record. So I suppose it’s not just a case of how many wins goals and points they ended up with.
They would have gotten a lot more points if they'd lost a game early enough in the season, they played not to lose an awful lot once the league was pretty much in the bag. That team could have done 100 points IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.