everybody loves you when you're dead

Could be people who haven't heard his stuff, apart from the hits, and after reading all the eulogies thought they might fancy listening to more of his stuff.
Or could be old fans who haven't got the music anymore and we're sort of reminded to update their music library?

this has always puzzled me, and its not the first time, there is no new material, why all of a sudden once a a big pop/rock star exits stage left everyone starts buying their music, they all can't hearing the material for the first time? if you liked it previously you would already have it? wouldn't you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36128075
I was wondering the same when I heard about Prince record sales, just weird. On a similar vein, how is it that every student that dies tragically was very bright, we'll loved by both teachers and fellow students and always hard working. If your thick as pig shit do you have less chance of being killed?

I was wondering the same when I heard about Prince record sales, just weird. On a similar vein, how is it that every student that dies tragically was very bright, we'll loved by both teachers and fellow students and always hard working. If your thick as pig shit do you have less chance of being killed?

That's a good observation. The bullies never get killed.

Been happening for as long as I can remember - it happened when Elvis died then again when Lennon died a few years later.

As much as I loved Prince's music - he was a musical genius IMO - I don't feel the urge to invest in his back catalogue but clearly many people will.

Sadly social media has made things a lot worse... everyone's out to show who's upset the most when someone has died. the amount of girls on my Facebook that were ''devastated'' when Bowie died was so tedious, guarantee they couldn't tell you who he was before he passed.

And when a gangster is killed, Its always 'what a loving family man he was, always went out of his way to say hello' .... yeah right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.