Everyone on here and in this country is to blame

What we need to do is to get a group of talented 6-10 year olds and send them to Spain, Holland and Argentina and tell them to not come back until they have completed their football education as thats the only way we will achieve major honours as a country.

WHY DON'T YOU TAKE THEM OUT OF THE COUNTRY. if we are not good enough.

BALLACKS!!

Everyone who know's a little bit about football, knew that England werent a favourite to win it with the likes of Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany far more settled and in form.

We went into the WC with major issues, what was our best 11? what was the best system? who was the number 1?

And it showed last night. There was no balance to the team, there was no passion from the forward players and midfield to flow passes together, dominate the ball or create a clear chance. We looked lathargic, our touch on the ball was lazy and we had no inventiveness.

No certain player didnt perform, the whole team didnt perform as a team. Whether its down to balance, tactics, player fitness no one knows, but what we do know is that we have NO form as a team. We arent blinkered thinking we go into the Slovenia game thinking we should win in, because our form shows that we shouldn't. At this point in time we ARENT a good team and need to realise that.

Tournaments are all about form, not like leagues when you can have a couple of bad games and find your form again. Every game is a must win game. The Brazilians, Argies, Germans and Spaniards go into their games knowing this and have the mentality to effect the game. At the moment we dont know what we are doing.

It isnt down to fans or media that is making england players play badly, its down to tactics, preparations, form, confidence and teamwork. Anyone who tries to find excuses to the contrary know nothing about football.

lancs blue said:
johnny on the spot said:
What a load of fucking bollocks, hahaha

Why? He has a point, English football fans largely adore hard work over skill and the players that come through the system often reflect that.

Which football fans adore hard work over skill? It's the other way round. We want to see talent, skill, technique first and foremost. If you find you are playing a difficult team, the hard work might then have to kick in, along with the skill, the dazzle and panache, the flair of making a round ball do the work. If you are talentless, devoid of skill, hard work is your only option. A team will be made up of all different shades but let's have the skill first.

The England team last night had neither the skill nor the hard work.

It might *iss a few a people off (the truth usually does hurt), but pasta is 99% right. I have to listen to a lot of that 99% at every City game, all mouth no answers, whiners, the lot of them. The comment about how people behave at grass roots, is actually 100% accurate.

ReVoRolla said:
BALLACKS!!

Everyone who know's a little bit about football, knew that England werent a favourite to win it with the likes of Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany far more settled and in form.

We went into the WC with major issues, what was our best 11? what was the best system? who was the number 1?

And it showed last night. There was no balance to the team, there was no passion from the forward players and midfield to flow passes together, dominate the ball or create a clear chance. We looked lathargic, our touch on the ball was lazy and we had no inventiveness.

No certain player didnt perform, the whole team didnt perform as a team. Whether its down to balance, tactics, player fitness no one knows, but what we do know is that we have NO form as a team. We arent blinkered thinking we go into the Slovenia game thinking we should win in, because our form shows that we shouldn't. At this point in time we ARENT a good team and need to realise that.

Tournaments are all about form, not like leagues when you can have a couple of bad games and find your form again. Every game is a must win game. The Brazilians, Argies, Germans and Spaniards go into their games knowing this and have the mentality to effect the game. At the moment we dont know what we are doing.

It isnt down to fans or media that is making england players play badly, its down to tactics, preparations, form, confidence and teamwork. Anyone who tries to find excuses to the contrary know nothing about football.

Excellent post and i whole heartedly agree.

malg said:
Usual stuff after an ordinary England display. The world cup ain't over yet. If England beat Slovenia they'll qualify. They could even get to the quarter finals by not playing one decent football team. Once into the knockout stages they'll have the same chance as everyone else.
If they fail to beat Slovenia and don't qualify, then you can all have a good moan, until then nothing is lost yet.
good point, mind you, its lost on most of the doomongers on here

In this particular case it is my fault. I'm English but when it comes to football I'm not an England fan. Rugby, tennis, cricket and even fookin culing I'll get behind the boys/girls but football no.... England will never win shite at this level, I have said for years and will continue to do so, I had loads of bets with people saying England will win the cup and I'm looking forward to collecting my winnings! I'm an Italy fan, always have been. The reason was the first time I was in to international footy I was in Italy for italia 90 and got caught up in all the hype it was amazing and supported them ever since! Wrong I know but my choice. So yes I'm to blame but I don't give a damn, to many players who think they are a station higher than they are all found out when they come together for the big games. Anyway off out now to get back for the game at 3pm.

cityisOURS said:
Think about how we were taught football at a young age. If you were a defender, you were told to stay in line as a back four and if you hoofed the ball clear out of the box you were applauded. If you tried to take on a player and failed you were called 'greedy' and 'not a team player'. Even Algeria seemed to have more skill, flair, better and quicker passing ffs.

Agreed. I used to get shouted at for passing the ball out of defence, or shock horror, even squaring it to a full back or knocking it back to the keeper, instead of just 'getting rid.'
Surely one of the main problems is little kids playing on full size pitches with massive goals? I agree with what a previous poster says, they shouldn't be playing competitively until they've honed their own skills independently for a good few years. As an example, Zidane said he benefited greatly from not having a coach until he was in his early teens as had more freedom to express himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.