Everyone's favourite pundit on drink drive charge

I read a report of this elsewhere and it said that Merson was de-arrested following the crash rather than bailed because he hadn't been held in custody at a police station.

Well, why the fuck wasn't he held in custody? It's my understanding that a drunk driver can't be charged while still under the influence and therefore has to be held in custody until such a time they can be charged with the offence. That means some time spent in a police cell, minus shoes, belt, phone, wallet etc.

Why was the **** treated differently to your average Joe? Did the nice plod give him a lift home too?

*edit

Clearly my own bitter experience caused my judgement to be clouded! He was taken to a hospital for treatment and not a police station. I would still have locked the **** up though!

He's supposed to be doing a sportsmans evening near Bolton soon.
I hope this, and everything else that earns him an income, is cancelled.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.paulmerson.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.paulmerson.com/</a>

Lots of references to his playing career but none about off the field antics. Should email his agent and ask if he'll be doing after dinner speaking via webcam from his cell.

He'll and up a tramp on a park bench with a bottle of White Lightening to keep him company.

stony said:
bowdonblue said:
Bit harsh lads.

He's got a chip on his shoulder about City which annoys me too, but poor fecker is an addict.

Being an alcoholic does not excuse drink driving. When I drink I leave the car at home and get a taxi or walk. People like Merson can actually afford to employ an agency driver for the evening if he didn't want to rely on taxis. No excuses for him and I feel no sympathy.
Even Craig Charles knows to use a taxi. It's hard to drive & balance your rocks on a can whilst holding a lighter.

He apparantly said he fell asleep at the wheel and was lucky to survive NO the only thing that was lucky was the fact he didnt seriously injure or kill some other innocent motorist He is an absolute disgrace and I hope the judge throws the book at him and locks him up in prison where the tosser deserves to be
Merson you are a complete and utter arsehole and deserve no sympathy

Mr Jolly said:
I read a report of this elsewhere and it said that Merson was de-arrested following the crash rather than bailed because he hadn't been held in custody at a police station.

Well, why the fuck wasn't he held in custody? It's my understanding that a drunk driver can't be charged while still under the influence and therefore has to be held in custody until such a time they can be charged with the offence. That means some time spent in a police cell, minus shoes, belt, phone, wallet and gramme of charlie

Why was the **** treated differently to your average Joe? Did the nice plod give him a lift home too?

*edit

Clearly my own bitter experience caused my judgement to be clouded! He was taken to a hospital for treatment and not a police station. I would still have locked the **** up though!

dennishasdoneit said:
Mr Jolly said:

Well, why the fuck wasn't he held in custody? It's my understanding that a drunk driver can't be charged while still under the influence and therefore has to be held in custody until such a time they can be charged with the offence. That means some time spent in a police cell, minus shoes, belt, phone, wallet and gramme of charlie

*edit

Erm, thanks for highlighting my post but what was your point?

Mr Jolly said:
dennishasdoneit said:
Mr Jolly said:

*edit

Erm, thanks for highlighting my post but what was your point?

Erm..you missed the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.