Everything Star Wars

They're milking it for all it's worth. All those sequels and now spin off TV series. Lucas must have made a shipping container load of money.

And yes, I know it's Disney's baby now.
Lucas made £4 billion, which Disney made back on Force Awakens alone. Lucas has given most of his money away to good causes.

Obi Wan manages to simultaneously be an offensively poor TV show and still the best Star Wars effort outside of Mando in the last 40 years.

The Disney takeover was probably the worst thing that ever happened to Star Wars because in its slow decline, we could just pretend that the prequel films were rubbish and speculate that maybe someone could come and fix it in the future. Maybe point to some decent books or videogames to show it could be done? Now they've managed to remove all doubt that Star Wars as a franchise is well and truly broken, it can never be brought back and it has become the Assassins Creed of the movie world.
I don’t know how old you are but like you I don’t rate the prequels except for maybe RoTS, which was OKish. These films like the originals were made for kids, if you talk to the kids of the prequels (their star wars ) they love them, i think we forget as legacy (77-83) what these other films mean those fans. I do think all fans dislike the final trilogy as I guess most went into it even kids having watched the other films.
The live tv shows have been hit and miss Mandalorian been mostly good Boba bad and Obi final two episodes saved it but otherwise shite. They seem to be paying lip service to older fans and tying in the animated stuff to make a proper timeline canon.
They are going to continue this with Ashoka I suppose and linking Andor to Rogue One, I want them to go completely different, let’s have a different time line altogether maybe Old Republic when Sigh and Jedi are at their heights of power, but whilst Kennedy is in charge I doubt it she will just milk the old fans for all she can.

Did a couple of the Star Wars rides at disney. Not a massive star wars fan (enjoy them but not in a geeky way). Some proper full kit wankers bobbing around the place but have to say it’s pretty amazing. Both rides are incredible - rise of the resistance is fully immersive

Here’s a few photos I took

The Millennium Falcon ride

2DD33DA6-CC4A-4DC7-94CB-65835A56E9A4.jpeg

C0B98B8A-D31D-4906-98F5-3CB54111A2AD.jpeg

The rise of the resistance ride

590E77B9-8F34-4B91-8EA8-8C7AEABC9922.jpeg
AC2198DA-12F4-4E1F-AF00-41582824F9AE.jpeg

216FF5C5-13F7-47AE-9A1C-11A048252566.jpeg

@metalblue I’m so jealous we were supposed to be going back this year but I just think with the prices rises etc and the changed Chapek has brought in I doubt I’ll go back and the Star Wars stuff wasn’t there last time I went, I’m gutted. Disney has become a huge cash cow now and it’s lost the spark for me, maybe if I come into a lot of money I could justify it.

@metalblue I’m so jealous we were supposed to be going back this year but I just think with the prices rises etc and the changed Chapek has brought in I doubt I’ll go back and the Star Wars stuff wasn’t there last time I went, I’m gutted. Disney has become a huge cash cow now and it’s lost the spark for me, maybe if I come into a lot of money I could justify it.

100% it has mate. Not sure we will go back for a few years as its just gotten so expensive especially with the exchange rate. They won’t offer deals until the demand drops off. I bit the bullet and booked it last year as we’d not have had a holiday in 3 years like most. Couldn’t justify it in my head otherwise. Star Wars and the new guardian of the galaxy ride are bloody fantastic, almost worth the trip on their own.

My top tip for Disney…. is you don’t need to take the kids, I’ll still go back even if they have all left home ;)

100% it has mate. Not sure we will go back for a few years as its just gotten so expensive especially with the exchange rate. They won’t offer deals until the demand drops off. I bit the bullet and booked it last year as we’d not have had a holiday in 3 years like most. Couldn’t justify it in my head otherwise. Star Wars and the new guardian of the galaxy ride are bloody fantastic, almost worth the trip on their own.

My top tip for Disney…. is you don’t need to take the kids, I’ll still go back even if they have all left home ;)
Ha ha still have a young one so unfortunately will have to take her, but I’ve been a few times before she was born and I know what you mean. Might go again like I said if I can do it cheaper Troy should be on by then and a few newer rides, I like Harry Potter world in universal as well so would like to do that again.

Did a couple of the Star Wars rides at disney. Not a massive star wars fan (enjoy them but not in a geeky way). Some proper full kit wankers bobbing around the place but have to say it’s pretty amazing. Both rides are incredible - rise of the resistance is fully immersive

Here’s a few photos I took

The Millennium Falcon ride

View attachment 53824

View attachment 53826

The rise of the resistance ride

View attachment 53821
View attachment 53822

View attachment 53823

Wow, how were the queues? I'm hoping to go in April

Wow, how were the queues? I'm hoping to go in April

Nice one mate. I paid a bit extra to have genie+ so “fast tracked” the milenium falcon ride. Paid extra to “fast track” rise of resistance and guardians of the galaxy as genie+ doesn’t work for those rides and a couple more (disney milking every penny right now). Rise of resistance had queues of 3 hours unless you got there for rope drop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.