Evidence for religion

Firstly I would completely disagree about 'being in a better place'.
And secondly, what do I believe after death? I believe there is nothing. Like it felt before you was born there Is nothing. One of my favourite quotes by mark Twain - "I do not fear death.
I had been dead for billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it"

Have you had someone you love die?

Firstly I would completely disagree about 'being in a better place'.
And secondly, what do I believe after death? I believe there is nothing. Like it felt before you was born there Is nothing. One of my favourite quotes by mark Twain - "I do not fear death.
I had been dead for billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it"

That quote is so dumb. Sorry but it makes no sense. Either spiritually or scientifically

But religion is about faith. Believing without seeing.

I have a question for the athesits out there. What do you believe happens after death? Does it give you comfort to think we are gone and that is it? Does it not give you comfort to think your dead relatives\friends are in a better place?

Same thing as before you were born - literally nothing (well not actually your body decomposes or burns but your brain dies).

Yes - quite a lot actually - being trapped into permanent existence would scare the shit out of me.

No - they aren’t hurting at all - they are as safe as they’ll ever be.

Believing in a religion because it makes you feel better about death has to be the most childish thing I’ve ever come across.

Last edited:
That quote is so dumb. Sorry but it makes no sense. Either spiritually or scientifically
How Is it in anyway dumb and makes no sense? It sums up my feelings perfectly.

You wasn't aware before you were born as you didn't exist so when you die I'm pretty sure it'll be exactly the same. Dont really care if it doesn't make sense spiritually but not sure how it doesn't make sense scientifically. Sure there's no way of testing it yet but its definitely the most logical explanation as to what it's like after you die imo (at least I hope it's like that)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.