Evidence for religion

Thank you Igor.

tenor.gif

ps for those that follow the idea that scientists could ever bring about a unified theory, can I suggest
that what they are looking for is an EXPERIENCE beyond just 'facts,' ie the experience of Unity is beyond 'facts'
whether these facts are seemingly scientific or religious in nature. Or, if you like, a theory can never bring about the experience of Union, But carry on trying if you want.

ps for those that follow the idea that scientists could ever bring about a unified theory, can I suggest
that what they are looking for is an EXPERIENCE beyond just 'facts,' ie the experience of Unity is beyond 'facts'
whether these facts are seemingly scientific or religious in nature. Or, if you like, a theory can never bring about the experience of Union, But carry on trying if you want.
My guess is it's beyond the comprehension of human beings to fully understand the existence we live in. We simply don't have the capacity, context or perspective to grasp 'everything'.

"I can see that you have tried to make religion somehow compatible with science but that is ironic because not so long ago scientists were persecuted and killed in the name of religion. To believe in science in any form at all classed you as a heretic not so long ago because apparently religion had all the answers without science."

Yes! And yet, if this thread is anything to go by, then it has flipped to its opposite. Those that call themselves scientists are trying to kill the arguments of those that speak of religion. What if NEITHER of these are right? And the truth os found in that space between them? A truth that can bring a union of seemingly opposite viewpoints. A harmony that is beyond a war of science vs religion.

I don't think it has flipped, no-one is attacking, persecuting or killing anyone here. It is only religion that has historically felt it needs to use violence and oppression to defend itself.

Either way I don't have a problem with people who practice it in any shape or form. I only question the idea of it and that it should be kept open to debate where people can peacefully agree or disagree.

However, if I said this in some places I would be labelled a sinner and/or oppressed and certainly if I said it in some countries then I would be executed. If I said any of this just a couple of hundred years ago in my own country then I would again be executed.

This is where religion came from and does this dark side really have a place in a society that is allowed to live without religion and express its opinion? History says no so for me the sooner it is banned or dies a death the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.