Ex City Youth Players

He sounds like almost as big a dickhead as his dad

I'd just read the curtailed version in the MEN which was bad enough but the Mail full version is very typical of them. I wonder if he still blames City for all of his woes?

I'd just read the curtailed version in the MEN which was bad enough but the Mail full version is very typical of them. I wonder if he still blames City for all of his woes?
It was at a time when City were making waves in youth football, had signed the education deal with St Bedes and absolutely thrashed five of united’s junior sides on the same day. Ex united olayers were sending their sons to City. It was as much about two rags and a sympathetic hack trying to harm our youth recruitment as it was about a player who was never ever going to play for us

It was at a time when City were making waves in youth football, had signed the education deal with St Bedes and absolutely thrashed five of united’s junior sides on the same day. Ex united olayers were sending their sons to City. It was as much about two rags and a sympathetic hack trying to harm our youth recruitment as it was about a player who was never ever going to play for us
Wasn't that when United (and others?) were threatening to stop playing us at youth level because it wasn't fair? PMSL.

when John Bond arrived and installed his own entourage, one of the casualties was the staff running the youth set-up (arguably the best in the country) . It took the take-over to start the recovery. Instead of lads from Wales Scotland and Ireland, we now have them from Europe and beyond as well, the Academy is a bigger operation than many clubs in the EFL. The number of ex-academy lads at the Euros is set to get even bigger imho, and some might bite us on the arse. Que sera......

when John Bond arrived and installed his own entourage, one of the casualties was the staff running the youth set-up (arguably the best in the country) . It took the take-over to start the recovery. Instead of lads from Wales Scotland and Ireland, we now have them from Europe and beyond as well, the Academy is a bigger operation than many clubs in the EFL. The number of ex-academy lads at the Euros is set to get even bigger imho, and some might bite us on the arse. Que sera......
Not sure about this. The 1986 Youth FA Cup winners gave us quite a few players who did well for the first team (White, Lake, Brightwell, Hinchcliffe, Redmond, Moulden) and the 1990 runners up team contained players who went on to good careers at other clubs (Taggart, Lennon, Ward, Hughes, Sheron). We have had quite a few players break through at other times before the breakthrough - Flitcroft, Lomas, SWP, Barton, Micah, Nedum, Johnston etc.

That seems a pretty decent history for what was a team that went up and down a few times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.