ex players..

msix

just been watching all 80s derby matches.... Nicky Reid..whats he up2 nowadays anyone ??

He was one of my favourite players when i was a kid..........never afraid to put a foot in and never stopped running!

The last i heard he was a Physio at Macclesfield but i'm not sure if he's still doing it or not?

Danamy said:
He was one of my favourite players when i was a kid..........never afraid to put a foot in and never stopped running!

The last i heard he was a Physio at Macclesfield but i'm not sure if he's still doing it or not?

Looks like he's still at Macclesfield .....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/WhosWho/0,,10393,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mtfc.co.uk/page/WhosWho/0,,10393,00.html</a>

he also completed a physio degree at Salford Uni a year or so back.

wez99 said:
Just seen Didi Hamaan playing for MK Dons, thought he'd retired TBH.

He's there until next May in a one year player/coach role .....

Funny subject this.
I was sat outside my local yesterday and people were saying about how many footballers had visited the pub.
There was a couple of people throwing names about and others saying i never seen him booze in here.l
Any way argument finishes and 30 seconds later. In walks Stan Bowles.

i think he`s doing something at macc town and isn`t it surprising how ex players of yesteryear didn`t and still don`t badmouth the club like the shithouses` of today like petrov and benjani who was only at city a wet weekend and feel the need to go to these ragtop newspapers and wash their dirty linen in public and then have the balls to turn around and say man city have no class!! double standards and sour grapes spring to mind,go fuck yourself petrov and benjani...

As I live in the North East I dont see as many ex-City players as I used to but I do bump into a number of the fellas from the North East teams.

I had the misfortune to be in Pallisters company a few weeks ago and I can report, with all accuracy that he is still an absolute arse hole.

Nicky Reid was thrust in to the spotlight at the age of 18 when Malcolm Allison selected him to mark Allan Simonsen in the first leg of the UEFA Cup quarter-final against Borussia Monchengladbach. It was an amazing selection at the time, but Relid did enough to justify Alllson’s bold move.
Reid retained his place for the second leg, and then eleven days later he almost scored in his League debut against Ipswich. The following May he captalned the Blues to the FA Youth Cup final, and was voted Clty’s young player ofthe year.
Reid played mainly in defence for the Blues, but he also had spells in midfield, most notably following the arrival of Kevin Bond in 1981. At the time supporters were not happy with the arrival of the manager’s son, especially as it meant a change for local hero Reid, but eventually Bond was accepted.
Reid, or course, had already played an important part in Clty’s history as he helped the side reach the 1981 FA Cup final. Twelve months later he joined Seattle Sounders for the summer and played in another final, the Soccer Bowl final, narrowly losing out to New York Cosmos 1-0.
At the end of the American season he rejoined the Blues. John Bond said at the start of October 1982: "This is a big boost to our strength. He’s re-signed on a shorter contract at his own request. l dldn’t consider that to be a problem." A groin strain on his return limited his opportunities, but by the end of the season he had made 24 (plus 1) League appearances. ln 1986 he featured in Clty’s 5-4 Full Members' Cup final defeat at Wembley, and continued to be a Blue until July 1987 when he joined Blackburn on a free transfer.
At Ewood Reid captalned Blackburn to the play-offs in his first three seasons with the club. He later had spells with West Bromwich Albion, Wycombe Wanderers, Bury and Sligo. In 1994 he played once again at Wembley. This time for Wycombe in the Division Three play-offs.
On the international stage Reid won six England Under 21 caps while at Maine Road.
Reid will always be remembered as a very popular Manchester player. He always demonstrated full commitment to the Blue cause and was loved by supporters.
EXTRACT FROM A GARY JAMES ARTICLE FROM CITY PROGRAMME 15TH SEPTEMBER 2002

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.