Excellent article on Paul Lake's autobiography.

I'm waiting for the book to arrive. Great that he's got himself so together after going through all that.

Whenever I read stories about City back then the words piss-up and brewery spring to mind.

City fans of my generation will always think back to what Lakey could have become, all the best Paul.

It's getting brilliant advance reviews.
Oliver Holt is a twat but he called it one of the best football books ever the other day, and said parts of it left him in tears.
Great to see Paul has conquered his demons. A top man and a top blue.

great article. really moved me. i am 22 so never saw him play. my dad was my age at that era and he has always told me that paul lake was the next best thing. it is a shame that a player with such talent and such a great future can end up living his life wondering what might have been. it makes me really happy that the club have recognized him for the legend that he unfortnately never got the chance to be.

I'll be buying this for sure, and hopefully from the City store when he does a signing so I can shake him by the hand and thank him for some great memories.

In these days of autobiographies from crap players who have nothing to say other than why they hate a particular manager and so have it serialized in the tabloids, here is player who has a great story to tell and actually I'm surprised it's taken so long. Then again, that's probably the measure of Lakey, always unassuming and not taking anything for granted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.