Exhibition on female City fans

I am not sure even if I passed I would bother looking in. Sounds appalling.
For a fella who spends his days telling people off for being so easily offended by the media, it's remarkable that you are so easily appalled by some photographs.
Some might describe the condemnation of an artist's work, sight unseen as an appalling arrogance, of course.
Each to their own and all that.

For a fella who spends his days telling people off for being so easily offended by the media, it's remarkable that you are so easily appalled by some photographs.
Some might describe the condemnation of an artist's work, sight unseen as an appalling arrogance, of course.
Each to their own and all that.

Came across as a bit harsh my comments but was not really my intention.

I really enjoy pictures of football fandom and if they did one on City it would not be worth its salt if it did not include the likes of Helen with her Bell or handing flowers to Joe Corrigan etc alongside pictures of the Kipoax in full voice, Windy Corner, Bananas, anxious looks as play commences, 70/80s football fashions.

Personally would just find it more interesting and more likely to visit if it was inclusive of all those elements. Fair play to the photographer though and I hope it's successful even if I don't think much of the concept.

I really enjoy pictures of football fandom and if they did one on City it would not be worth its salt if it did not include the likes of Helen with her Bell or handing flowers to Joe Corrigan etc alongside pictures of the Kipoax in full voice, Windy Corner, Bananas, anxious looks as play commences, 70/80s football fashions.

Personally would just find it more interesting and more likely to visit if it was inclusive of all those elements. Fair play to the photographer though and I hope it's successful even if I don't think much of the concept.

Fair enough, Frank.
The artist is a student, as far as I know. So, I was a bit snippy myself - apologies for that, too. I just hated seeing a young artist's vision dismissed out of hand.
It annoys me when people are dismissive of young artists, in particular, anyway. They're entitled to explore their own vision - and they're entitled to make mistakes. (Some would argue that they should be encouraged to do so).
I know where you are coming from with the more inclusive (arguably, more nostalgic) themes and images but, well, in fairness to the kid, she's trying for something different. (Although, not having seen the earlier Scouse teams exhibits, I do wonder how they differ. So, I'm not without my own reservations on the thing).
Funny thing is, I bet if you were passing, you'd take a look now, just to shut me up. :-)

Fair enough, Frank.
The artist is a student, as far as I know. So, I was a bit snippy myself - apologies for that, too. I just hated seeing a young artist's vision dismissed out of hand.
It annoys me when people are dismissive of young artists, in particular, anyway. They're entitled to explore their own vision - and they're entitled to make mistakes. (Some would argue that they should be encouraged to do so).
I know where you are coming from with the more inclusive (arguably, more nostalgic) themes and images but, well, in fairness to the kid, she's trying for something different. (Although, not having seen the earlier Scouse teams exhibits, I do wonder how they differ. So, I'm not without my own reservations on the thing).
Funny thing is, I bet if you were passing, you'd take a look now, just to shut me up. :-)

Yes you was a bit snippy but I deserved it:-).

I have had a look at some of the Everton pics before (on the net) and I did think they were missing something which maybe partly because I did not view the full collection. From memory it was hardly a historical record of females at matches but more a current snapshot which might prove more interesting to future generations and is arguably worth doing in that context.

You are right I will probably pop in now as I was too quick to be dismissive. Getting older sadly you become too rigid in your outlooks. Hopefully I will be proved wrong and either way I hope it's a success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.