Expat Blues Living In The US

FromPollockToSilva

Chicago, formerly Prague, originally Calderdale
Evening gents.

I'm currently living in Prague but getting married to my American fiancée in July, after which the plan is to move across The Pond. So I was just wondering how people have found life in the US? Where are you, how long have you been there, what's good, what's bad etc...

Any insight would be much appreciated. This thread descending into a historically inaccurate dick-swinging contest between those of pro- and anti-American sentiments, less so.

Cheers.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Evening gents.

I'm currently living in Prague but getting married to my American fiancée in July, after which the plan is to move across The Pond. So I was just wondering how people have found life in the US? Where are you, how long have you been there, what's good, what's bad etc...

Any insight would be much appreciated. This thread descending into a historically inaccurate dick-swinging contest between those of pro- and anti-American sentiments, less so.

Cheers.

well AMERICA has got Americans living there, enough said

Blue Haze said:
I'm American.

Out of curiosity, where do you plan to move? Your experience will vary greatly by location, kind of like "Europe".

Chicago, as that's where the missus is from. I visited last Christmas and had a great time. There's enough Central European influence there to make me feel at home after a couple of years in Prague I think.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Blue Haze said:
I'm American.

Out of curiosity, where do you plan to move? Your experience will vary greatly by location, kind of like "Europe".

Chicago, as that's where the missus is from. I visited last Christmas and had a great time. There's enough Central European influence there to make me feel at home after a couple of years in Prague I think.
Good luck. You won't need it, though. Chicago has lots to do, great food and culture. An old friend of mine lived there for about 3 years and loved it, he only moved due to the company moving his job.

Welcome aboard!

Blue Haze said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Blue Haze said:
I'm American.

Good luck. You won't need it, though. Chicago has lots to do, great food and culture. An old friend of mine lived there for about 3 years and loved it, he only moved due to the company moving his job.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

Whereabouts do you currently reside, if you don't mind me asking?

Chicago spends 9 months of the year being the best place on earth, the other 3 being the worst.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Blue Haze said:
FromPollockToSilva said:

Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

Seattle. Love it out here.

Blue Haze said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Blue Haze said:

Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

Seattle. Love it out here.

Yeah, I haven't met anyone with a bad word to say about Seattle. It seems very cool without being as in-your-face hipster as Portland, while also being a more productive, grown-up place too. And a great sports town. I've had a lot of my fiancée telling me how great Russell Wilson was at college (she went to UW Madison).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.