Expectations For Next Season (2019/20)

Challenge for the league and argh fuck it win the fucking lot and really boil some piss.

I'd like us to go all out for back to back domestic quads but the club will be after the CL now & I expect us to 'drop' the FA Cup, League cup is early enough to compete for so CS, LC, PREM & CL......with what we've got crazy though it is it's not impossible.

Win the league and anything else is a bonus!

Would love to add another few cups saying that but not at expense of league title, 3 consecutive league titles would be unbeliebabable

I think we will either win or be second in the league and get to either the semi finals or the final of the CL. The domestic cups are a lottery but I think we will either retain or at least get to the final of the League cup.

The reason we got knocked out of the CL is because Liverpool were so close in the league. If we had been 15 points ahead (as we were the season before) we could have eased up in the league the week before the Spurs games and still had a lead to spare in the league. Because we had no margin for error in the league we had to play our strongest team and rotate in the champions league. It was almost enough, but not quite.

We got through to April still in with a chance of four trophies because of the depth of our squad. We had some favourable draws in both cup competitions which meant that we could rotate more without real danger, but even then we almost slipped up against Swansea. I'd back us to retain the League Cup (or be beaten in the final) because we consistently put out stronger teams than our opposition in that tournament. In the FA cup I think its more likely that we go out somewhere along the line.

We won't end the season without a trophy, we may pick up two or even three but for a quadruple all the lucky breaks need to go your way. The injuries, the opposition's injuries, the draws in the cup, the VAR decisions, everything. I just don't think that it ever will.

First and foremost we must win the title again. It's the true mark of champions and cannot be held as down to luck, var, refs or anything else. Being top after so many games means we are the best, no argument.

With favourable draws and huge slices of luck (and possibly corruption) any team can win a cup (as shown by the travesty of an average Spurs team making the CL final).

I'd rather the league title than CL, but I'd like us to win that too just so we can shut up the doubters and finally put to bed any argument that we're not a truly great team. I also think the players deserve to win the CL, we have the most talented squad in Europe so they should have something to prove that.

Obviously another FA Cup and Carabao would be nice, we should aim to win everything. Realistically I'd be satisfied with another title. I actually couldn't bear the thought of another team winning the title anymore.

I actually think this season will almost feel like a 'changing of the old guard' we're probably going to see players like Silva, Fern, possibly Aguero all playing less, with Kompany gone already I think it will be a bit tougher than most expect and we may struggle for the first few months (depending on how many new faces are in) tbh as long as we are competitive I will be happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.