Expectations For Next Season (2019/20)

Still a lot of unknowns surrounding a lot of teams, I think we will win the league with 2nd place coming from North London if either of them win their finals this week.

For Liverpool to challenge again in my mind they have to win the chumps league, to play the same team week in week out to Kloops kick n rush intensity and end up potless I think would be too much of morale blow for them. I can see them spunking big cash on their midfield but this will actually blunt some of their key strength's from this season and a more procession based creative Liverpool will be exposed at the back by out of position fullbacks and virgil chasing his pony tail like a rabid dog when the shit hits the fan and all he can do his point and blame everyone else when they concede. They have a history of falling away big style after a title challenge and I don't see next season being any different unless they fluke the champs league.

I think Arsenal have done ok in his first season, if they can get champs league and spend a bit of cash on a defence that he can coach over the summer to actually defend I think they could target 80pts

If Spurs do humanity justice in Madrid then it will be interesting to see what levy does as failure to back poch in the market may well see him walk, in which case they will floundering around the rag level, however if they do spend well I see them also targeting 80pts+

We will compete in all the cups and generally play stronger lineups than most expect and whilst we can say we are probably the best team in the cups, that doesn't come any where near entitlement to actually win them.

I am trying to find a price for Wolves & Everton to finish above the Rags as a side expectation :-)

I don’t think Liverpool will be as strong next season. This season was their big chance after the Slippy G season. I think they could lose a couple of top players and may not be as lucky with injuries. They certainly won’t be as lucky with decisions now there’s VAR. This will give us a better chance of retaining the title and hopefully give us the capacity to go full tilt for the CL without having to do too much rotation because of a tight race in the PL.

Almost impossible to repeat last season’s exploits.

Another league title would represent a brilliant season.

At some point we need to ourselves justice in the Champs League. Can we win it next year? Who knows.

Winning the league is the obvious one and the biggest prize.
I’d love a convincing win at anfield, it feels like our last bogey ground.
Sterling winner in the 93rd minute please. It would also be nice if it was the first game of the season so they’d have to give us a guard of honour.

its the question that i have dreaded ???? winning all 4 titles this season is great and never been done before, and i don't think it can be beaten and that is the test and added pressure for the new season, the 100 points and 106 goals season we all said could not be beaten but i think we did it this season, so how we went one better and won the domestic treble in england is crazy, and the big part of the season KDB being injured and mendy out again just makes it even sweeter

so next season anything is possible with a fully fit squad and seeing KDB in the fa cup final for 30 odd mins gives the hope of going again and even better and europe if we are still in it ???? the only target left on the home front is going unbeatable and that is a possibility for next season, but being in everything brings player rotation and we will face the dreaded VAR in all competitions next season and so many new rules and the hand ball rules does not fill me joy

I actually think this season will almost feel like a 'changing of the old guard' we're probably going to see players like Silva, Fern, possibly Aguero all playing less, with Kompany gone already I think it will be a bit tougher than most expect and we may struggle for the first few months (depending on how many new faces are in) tbh as long as we are competitive I will be happy.

Agreed but I wonder if Dave is even going to make it to the new season. Something just makes me wonder if he will decide this season can't be capped and he'll pass the baton

If we get recruitment right this summer and De Bruyne and Mendy stay fit for the majority of the season then at least 104 points in the league and the champions league finally

Go for the lot, win 3 double over the rags.

Only very minor doubt is there are some big shoes to be filled with Vinnies departure. Yes we have done ok when he is injured but he has had a habit of being there and having an impact in big moments and his off the field influence is perhaps not a visible to us supporters hence we may underestimate its value.

Dave and Fernadinho are moving on in time and much will depend on how their places are filled more often.

This is all before we know who is coming in, will Sane be here?

Plenty of food for thought and enough hurdles to be negotiated to keep it interesting. All the same I doubt there is much danger of anything other than another bloody good season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.