Expectations For Next Season (2019/20)

We're kicked out of the CL next month

No review/appeal will be allowed. (or it's completed in a record 2 days - including the 30 second CAS appearance)

The entire squad immediately leaves using dubious contractual loop holes that the UEFA say will be investigated in due course

The Sheikh, realising his error, sells the club lock stock and barrel to Ken Anderson for £1.

We start the season with a spine of Andy Dibble, Andy Morrison, Ali B and Bob Taylor.

We are dismantled in the preseason trophy by Liverpool - the press compare it to Brazil winning the WC

We're knocked out of the League Cup before it starts - this being a result of us having been kicked out of Europe but still being ineligible for the early rounds for a reason only the EFL can fathom

As Xmas looms we're bottom of the table - have zero points and a -80 GD

Ken Anderson puts us into administration after 1 failed attempt to sell ever week.

In the FA Cup we lose to the lowest placed team left in - after 3 dubious penalties, and 4 sendings off (it would have been more but they didn't want it abandoned)

Mercifully the season ends - we managed a draw against Utd for our solitary point

Without hesitation The EFL demote us to the National League - something about financial irregularities when KA bought the club.

It's terrible to be a pessimist and believe in "the agenda" ;) ;) ;)

It's difficult to say before seeing how the transfer window goes for us and Liverpool. I would feel a lot more confident if we manage to bring in three or four new faces just to freshen up the squad. Pep is an absolute genius but motivating the same players to keep up this pace for three seasons in a row seems near impossible to me.

Can't see us bringing 3 in let alone 4. But if Mendy/De Bruyne stays fit and Foden continues to improve and therefore gets more starts that's arguably 3 new signings anyway.

The lads won us the domestic trophies this year. If they want to focus on the CL this season, fine. Providing that we’re 30 points ahead in the League and still in both cups. Fairs fair like.

The lads won us the domestic trophies this year. If they want to focus on the CL this season, fine. Providing that we’re 30 points ahead in the League and still in both cups. Fairs fair like.

Thing is champs league is lottery like all cup games league is where its at and is Peps number one priority.

Win the League again. Ideally CL as well but League will always be most important to me. Not too bothered about League cup but an FA cup would be nice! It would be great if we could also put all this litigation behind us (as long as it goes in our favour!) but this is unlikely. Phil Foden to be a regular starter too.

I'm really not sure we will have a great season,our oldies that give us so much stability and calmness are gone or will hardly play(sergio aside) that's a huge thing that has driven us on,vinny is a massive loss in that regard,i'm not sure we are ready to lose his influence,if i had to chose 1 thing to achieve then that's the title,always the title

Longs we get the Premier League and Champions League I will see next year as a success. Not to fussed about English cups as we can use them for our youngsters.

League should always be first.

Young and squad players in the League and FA Cup.

No dicking around in the Champions League. Play the best team possible.

Can't see us bringing 3 in let alone 4. But if Mendy/De Bruyne stays fit and Foden continues to improve and therefore gets more starts that's arguably 3 new signings anyway.
I think I agree, but I'm not really even concerned about bringing in players from a "we need more talent" perspective, I'm more talking about the need to shake up the team dynamics. Motivating largely the same group of players for the third season in a row to stay that sharp and that focused seems an impossible task to me.

The teams that stay at the top and form dynasties usually have either a Leo Messi/Michael Jordan type of supernatural talent OR they recruit at a high level and swap pieces in and out to keep things fresh and give new motivations to the group. I'd be pretty nervous if we only bought one or two this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.