Expectations for next season

definitely we need to consolidate our place int he top3-4 next season...anything less will see a change in management i think

depends on how successful our transfers are in the summer.....a title challenge would be good but Im not expecting it to be honest..not just yet

Top 2 and in with a good chance of winning the title going into May.

Make it through group stages of champions league.

Another domestic cup final

Silverware again is a must, beaten finalists, 2nd or 3rd in the league will have us hoarded as expensive flops, Spurs are getting no sympathy now, we will get even less, so
A cup,
Challenge for the title, at least the last 8 in the Champs league.

PL: 3rd if not 2nd place. I wont hold my breath for first but it'd be great obviously.
CL: Get out of our group in the CL.

Anything else will be nice, but I wont be too pushed about the FA Cup etc.
I would gladly see that sacrificed if we did better in the Premiership.

Realisticly the CL is a different level completely and I genuinely think we'll strugle to balance things and I think the domestic comps will fall to the side if we are able to finish 1st/2nd in our group.
We wont be able to chalenge for the title, look to do well in the CL and do well in the FA Cup etc.

I think 3rd would genuinely be dissapointing but a lot will depend on who buys who in the market.
Liverpool need to bring in a few players. As do Arsenal. United will buy more. Chelsea as well, but a buy or two will only improve their squads dramatically as they are all only a few players away.
Who knows what Spurs will be like.

Arsenal need a decent keeper. Along with their back 4.
As do United with VDS gone. And their replacement Kusack was absolutely hillarious on Saturday.
Liverpool as well if they loose their no.1. will need someone, but it'll be hard to replace Reina.

And there's not that many decent experienced Premiership keepers about the place. They could always go abroad but I think obviously it'd be better to get someone who's used to playing in England. But there's just not that many decent keepers out there.

Chelsea are paying the price for not developing players. United and Arsenal are better at buying younger and developing them into good players.
Chelsea have an old squad and a few of their legs are nearly gone.

And God only knows what the hell we'll do in the market.

It'll be an interesting year next season.
But there should be no presumptions made. A lot of these teams have a lot more experience than we do when it comes to challenging for the top.
The FA Cup is great but in reality it means nothing in the long run. It'll all start over against next season and we have a lot to prove.

Prestwich_Blue said:
1) No less than second place and no more than 3 or 4 points off the winners but preferably the title.

2) Last 8 in the CL.

3) 6 points off fucking Everton

Don't bother posting if you are going to be unrealistic.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.