Expectations for next season

League Title
FA Cup
League Cup
Final of the Champions League

Otherwise MANCINI OUT! :D

In truth, we have to be seen to push forward, but not at the expense of Champions League campaign. We cannot allow ourselves to miss out of qualifying for the Champions League again like Spurs did. We have to be seen as consistant.

Priorities for next season are simple, qualify for the Champions League and some silverware in the FA Cup or League Cup. Hold our own in the Champions League but don't let it hamper our Premier League season. I'd sooner miss out on the CL Quarter Finals than 3rd/4th place.

I'm just hoping either Arsenal or Chelsea implode next season.

It's my honest opinion that we wont win anything next year (The Community Shield is no different to winning the Thomas Cook Trophy). We need to focus 100% on making progress in the league. Of the 3 cups we are in, The Champions League will obviously be the priority. Carling Cup will be sacrificed, so expect an early exit (it will benefit us in the long run). It's very difficult to win the FA Cup again when focusing on the Premier League and Champions League.

I'd be happy if we don't win anything but put up a really strong title challenge. The League is bigger than everything else and it's time to make a move in that competition.

2nd Premiership within 3 to 4 points of winning it
Qualify out of the group stages of Champions League
Win the League Cup

BUT

I think we have a great chance of winning the league, a great chance of winning one of the domestic cups (injury permitting) and a decent go at Quarters of Champions League

SWP...Legend said:
2nd Premiership within 3 to 4 points of winning it
Qualify out of the group stages of Champions League
Win the League Cup

BUT

I think we have a great chance of winning the league, a great chance of winning one of the domestic cups (injury permitting) and a decent go at Quarters of Champions League
A lot of people are putting "win the League Cup", but are you all aware that the Academy/reserves will play in this competition? We saw this season that Mancini was really not arsed when we got knocked out of it. He saw the bigger picture and knew that achieving our targets would be easier if we were out of the League Cup. Next season, with champions League football as opposed to the Europa League, the League Cup becomes even less important. We will sacrifice this trophy, and i have no problem with that approach.

I think a fair crack at the title plus a cup and a decent run in the CL would be possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.