Hopes for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be a dick but you said you’re “going to try to be positive” and then proceeded to write off 3 out of the 4 competitions we are still in...

I’m being realistic. Just look who we have lost to this season. We are not guaranteed anything this year. I’m more concerned about next season & don’t want the club to wait till the summer.

The club need to act now waiting till the summer is madness.

Where's all the talk coming that pep leaving after this season? He said 100times he finishes his contract and then he will see , or did I miss something
Its not up to him whether he finishes his contract. If he doesnt want to extend, we will have another guy in charge next season. We would be idiots starting to rebuild under coach whos gone soon and under massive speculation as well. Basically risking another shit season - not gonna happen.

Finish 2nd, sort out Pep’s future (long term, not immediate). If he doesn’t commit, he should go in the summer imo. No panic buys in Jan.

Where's all the talk coming that pep leaving after this season? He said 100times he finishes his contract and then he will see , or did I miss something

agree but look at it in business terms it will take pep 2/3 years to turn this team around fully. Is he going to stay that long ?

every true blue wants him to stay but if we are honest it’s very possible he goes this summer. Not many managers or players stay their full term even if they say they will.

Finish second in the league. Seen with VAR that one-off games are more unpredictable than ever, so I’ve little hope that we’ll actually add anything else to the cabinet.

A couple of trophies and to narrow the points gap (although that might be out of our reach)

Pep’s future is the elephant in the room. We need a significant rebuild and it would be much more cohesive a rebuild if we knew who the manager is going to be beyond next season. So the next 5 months there are only 2 goals I really care about:

- Secure Pep’s future
- Play Foden

100%

I’m being realistic. Just look who we have lost to this season. We are not guaranteed anything this year. I’m more concerned about next season & don’t want the club to wait till the summer.

The club need to act now waiting till the summer is madness.
No reason why we haven’t got a chance to win the three remaining cup competitions we are in. The dippers won the CL with Benitez and Chelsea with Di Matteo when they were both awful in the prem. Real won three on the trot whilst Barca were lapping up all the domestic honours. The CL is 90% luck and 10% quality. No reason why we can’t win it.

As for the league cup I think we’ll stuff the rags over two legs. Helps playing at the swamp first as we have been better there than at home recently. No reason why we can’t beat them, we are the better team.

FA cup is still in its early stages. On our day we can beat any team in the country. Again, no reason why we can’t win it.

I agree that the league is gone but writing off the other competitions at this point is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.