Hopes for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'd be happy with a domestic cup but both would be nice.

What I really hope (but don't necessarily expect) is we learn from this season and realise that you have to keep moving forward. With hindsight, not bringing in another CB, when Kompany left, has cost us.
I suspect our owners had a plan to spend big in the beginning to get us off the ground but then hoped our new training facilities would be churning out enough talent to make us self sustainable. It hasn't worked out like that and sometimes you need to splash out if you want the right man. I'd like to see us bring in the players we need to put together another title winning team and and be CL contenders.

Top 2 in the league.
Both domestic cups.
At any expense beat Liverpool in the league, and beat them well in a rocking Etihad ffs.

Our defensive instability will be a problem to win the CL. Semi final would be good enough for me, sadly.

I don't expect too much from Laporte for the rest of the season. Return to 100% for 20/21.
Not expecting but hoping Leroy has some good farewell goals. Expect him to leave in summer.

I expect from Pep to start NOW working strictly on a our defensive stability
to be able to compete with the non-English team down M62 and with big European sides.
We have to cut out that schoolboy defending that lead to goals dippers never concede.

EDIT: new PL away goal record (2013/14: 48 by dippers) - we have 33, 8 matches to go...

Last edited:
Think we'll comfortably finish second in the league, but don't fancy our chances in the Champions League with the way we defend. A domestic cup double is our best hope which, to be fair, wouldn't represent a bad season.

-top 3 in the league
-a domestic cup
-do not exit CL with a whimper (i personally dont think we'll get past R Madrid, and if we do, i still dont think we have what it takes to win it)
-acknowledge shortcomings of the season and layout the strategy on how it will be addressed, for the fans (transfers, tactics etc)
-sort out Sane situation, sell or keep
-Laporte fit again

We could get the dippers in the FA cup , if that happens both that game and the league game at home are a must win to lay down a marker

Dont think we are anywhere near strong enough at the back going of current form to win the CL

Play a full strength team in both legs against the rags. What will be will be but let’s give it our best shot. Win that tie and I’ll be happy for the next 5 months.
Whatever else happens this season the memories of us outclassing them at OT in a semi final will live long in the memory and what a fantastic night we have to look forward to next Wednesday, 2 goals up already, their star striker missing, ours in the form of his life, full house, a trip to Wembley the prize.

Doesn’t get much better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.