Hopes for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo we never will have such an easy run to the final as we would have last season.

Schalke, Spurs, Ajax and then a one off game vs Liverpool.

And Spurs stopped us.

Now if we somehow beat Real Madrid which I doubt on current form/defence/fitness I am sure its Bayern, Barca or Juve or Liverpool will be waiting next round.

To be fair, Chelsea's European Cup win was one of the flukiest ever. We simply can't defend. At least Chelsea could and had the posts on their side.

Imo we never will have such an easy run to the final as we would have last season.

Schalke, Spurs, Ajax and then a one off game vs Liverpool.

And Spurs stopped us.

Now if we somehow beat Real Madrid which I doubt on current form/defence/fitness I am sure its Bayern, Barca or Juve or Liverpool will be waiting next round.

Still not forgiven Delph for that first leg fuck up. And sergios dire penalty.

A trophy per season is par, and with Laporte to return a cup treble isn't completely impossible. It's our lack of consistency that is hurting us, we look fantastic in moments but then have games like today. But I'd take the League Cup, given who we have in the semis.

The league has 100% gone, and the quicker everyone realises this the better. Accept it, deal with it, plan for next season. In the mean time concentrate on the FA and League Cup, secure 2nd place and a decent run in the Chumps league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.