Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

A positive here, we arent rolling over about this. May is described as furious, Amber Rudd 'irritated' and Burnham took it up with the US ambassador. It looks like we are going to hold that prick Trump to account over this. These things are too sensitive and complicated for a mental weakling like him. Not to go into any details but I work in the field of intelligence and have to manage sensitive material, and I take it very seriously. Intelligence is to be managed, there are strict handling and dissemination codes and rules - there is ultimately an 'owner' of any single piece of intel and sharing of it while important has to be managed, lives depend on it. His release of the material from Israel will have put the life of the source of that material at risk, fact. The release of this material by the US may have compromised the UK police and intel services response to this and investigation. It is simply unacceptable.

A positive here, we arent rolling over about this. May is described as furious, Amber Rudd 'irritated' and Burnham took it up with the US ambassador. It looks like we are going to hold that prick Trump to account over this. These things are too sensitive and complicated for a mental weakling like him. Not to go into any details but I work in the field of intelligence and have to manage sensitive material, and I take it very seriously. Intelligence is to be managed, there are strict handling and dissemination codes and rules - there is ultimately an 'owner' of any single piece of intel and sharing of it while important has to be managed, lives depend on it. His release of the material from Israel will have put the life of the source of that material at risk, fact. The release of this material by the US may have compromised the UK police and intel services response to this and investigation. It is simply unacceptable.

I think we all deal with sensitive (to the individual) material at one time or another without it being classified.

Perhaps the UK should have clarified the terms of ´sharing´before agreeing to release info.. Expecting another country to observe your rules and regs may be a little naive even for our civil service.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ghters-infuriated-after-were-stopped-13087703
Im going to leave this here, I've not commented on Monday night on here because I'm absolutely fuming, devastated and upset, I was working Monday night, my crew manager got a phone call at 1030pm from his wife and daughter I've never heard terror in someone's voice, they had literally walked out the door as the blast went off, luckily they weren't hurt, they managed to get a taxi to the station and he went home with them. That's how we knew it was more than just a speaker or balloon. The rest of us expected to go down to the arena but didn't and now we know why. Every single firefighter wanted to go but weren't alllowed, I'm quite frankly ashamed if anyone praises us for Monday night, for fucks sake the public did more than we did.
I apologise whole heartedly and really wish we had been allowed to do something for OUR PEOPLE AND OUR CITY.

You should be able to expect another country to observe your rules when it comes to information sharing. When the time comes that you can't trust them to do so you stop sharing sensitive information.

It's very much in the American interests to toe the line on this.

You should be able to expect another country to observe your rules when it comes to information sharing. When the time comes that you can't trust them to do so you stop sharing sensitive information.

It's very much in the American interests to toe the line on this.

Agree completely but the reality is otherwise.
Perhaps it is normal in USA to release info ASAP hence my comment about agreeing terms of sharing before rather than recriminations after.

On reflection maybe they have agreed so perhaps we should ask for legal proceedings against the offenders ?

There is something very sinister going on within the US intelligence agencies right now with what has gone on more to do with embarrassing their own president than it does trying to shaft us imo.

It doesnt make it right, its a disgrace but i think that is what is happening.

There is something very sinister going on within the US intelligence agencies right now with what has gone on more to do with embarrassing their own president than it does trying to shaft us imo.

It doesnt make it right, its a disgrace but i think that is what is happening.

Good point.
However that leaves us unable to trust US intel services until we are confident they are all committed to the same objective. Incidentally, have the media any responsibility by eg not publishing mutually sensitive material ?

Good point.
However that leaves us unable to trust US intel services until we are confident they are all committed to the same objective. Incidentally, have the media any responsibility by eg not publishing mutually sensitive material ?

With Trump at the helm, i wouldn't trust them with anything right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.