Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Waking up to this absolutely horrible news, beggars belief. Thoughts with everyone involved and everyone in Manchester.

Makes me wonder about the attempts to increase security with the "wands" at the Etihad. Has there been intel for a while now about a planned atrocity in Manchester at a sporting or concert arena?

Problem is that by nature we feel safe once we are inside stadia/venues, but it is when we feel safe that we allow our guard to drop and we become vulnerable.

Won't be long until we have staggered leaving at football matches, I imagine.

Really hope everyone is ok on here, doesn't bare thinking about what a lot of people must be going through today.

Just woken to this terribly sad and tragic news and its devastating for our great City but more importantly, for the families of all those caught up and my thoughts and prayers are with all those right now.

Everyone is upset and tensions will run high but can we please try and think we before we post today on this subject as its not a day to be venting anger and no doubt guesswork as to who and why this has happened and it helps no one right now.

Focus on the victims and allowing our security services to do their difficult jobs.

Really proud of the people of Manchester last night. been up all night and the support and help from taxi drivers, hoteliers, residents as well as the emergency and police services were phenomenal. It was a City, United. Even our neighbours from Liverpool came over to help people that were stranded. Puts some things in perspective under such tragedy.

Horrible and sickening news.

Horrific no matter where it happens, but when it is so close to home, it really does shake you.

Thoughts are with those who have been injured, and with the families and friends of those who have lost their lives. May they rest in peace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.