F.A. to have Wayne Rooney Testimonial Match

From the BBC, is this correct?

Rooney, who has excelled in Major League Soccer, looked trim and fit as the crowd cheered his every move, willing him to produce one more special England moment.
The first bit about his physique is dubious, but the second bit about the crowd (and the ****ing players on the pitch, as well) is unfortunately fairly accurate.

The first bit about his physique is dubious, but the second bit about the crowd (and the ****ing players on the pitch, as well) is unfortunately fairly accurate.

Ok thanks
I just got the last 20 minutes waking up at 4:15 am where I am but it sounded like the crowd were booing when he touched the ball.
Perhaps my ears weren't awake!

Still can't really get too excited about it. Didn't happen 20 years ago, no, but it happens these days. United player or not, I don't mind if they honour England's leading scorer.

From the BBC, is this correct?

Rooney, who has excelled in Major League Soccer, looked trim and fit as the crowd cheered his every move, willing him to produce one more special England moment.

Does "excelled in Major League Soccer" mean, "missed a penalty which ultimately led to DC united being knocked out of the playoffs"?

Ok thanks
I just got the last 20 minutes waking up at 4:15 am where I am but it sounded like the crowd were booing when he touched the ball.
I think they were shouting “Rooooooney”, but I could have misheard due to my getting sick everywhere whilst watching him.

He peaked at Euro 2004, did nothing of note for England after that (other than having a pop at fans after a woeful performance) scoring against mostly dross opposition.

Ok thanks

They were shouting "shoot" no matter where he was. And he did look trim and in shape.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.