F.A to investigate Bacon Face.

HongKongBluey

"The Football Association have made it clear that they will investigate the critical comments made by Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson after his team's fortuitous home draw against Sunderland on Saturday, according to Sky Sports News.

Ferguson slated the performance of match referee Alan Wiley, accusing the official of being unfit and saying that because Wiley couldn't keep up with the pace of the game, he missed crucial decisions.

Sky Sports also report that Ferguson could be reprimanded for his touchline conduct after arguing with fourth official Mike Dean in the second-half following a series of decisions with which the United boss apparently disagreed.

One interpretation of Fergie's behaviour is that he was attempting to deflect attention away from his team's below-par performance.

United were rescued from ignominious defeat only by a strike from Patrice Evra - which took a decisive deflection off Anton Ferdinand - deep into injury-time. The own goal gave United a point against an impressive Sunderland side.

However, the 2-2 draw meant United were overtaken at the top of the Premier League by Chelsea, who beat Liverpool 2-0 at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Ferguson was warned about his conduct last season after criticising referee Martin Atkinson for failing to give United a penalty in the FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Portsmouth.

Former referee Dermot Gallagher told Sky Sports that all Premier League referees are now continually monitored with rigorous fitness tests not only before the season but also every day of the week during the campaign. Gallagher said they are training to an intensity that he himself would not have been able to match when he was reffing.

And he added that Wiley is the most competitive person he has ever met, one of the fittest referees, and that he (Wiley) had been deeply upset by Ferguson's remarks, which were a slight on his professionalism and a blow to his pride.

Gallagher also said Ferguson's comments could not possibly be substantiated, and stressed that such public criticism by managers of referees did nothing to help relations between clubs and officials."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/10/05/1542177/fa-to-investigate-alex-fergusons-comments-after-manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... manchester</a>

another story from sky sports news too : <a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5608784,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 84,00.html</a>

But we all know nothing is actually going to happen...

this guy seems to amaze me all the time only 2 weeks ago he was hugging the fucker (wiley) after the 4h goal in the derby laughing and joking to slag the **** off because he wanted more injury time than was given making them draw at home to Sunderland everytime they lose or draw its always something to do with the ref or the 4th officials never to do with how SHIT his FUCKING team are now thats off my chest i'm off for a mixed grill and then to Villa up the blues!!

Actually, I'd always wondered whether Wiley could do two miles in 12 minutes (the standard for a level 4 referee), but if he is fit enough by the Prem League standards, then he'd have a great case for suing Surly Alex for libel. Far bigger compensation than anything the FA would hand down - better yet, a grovelling apology and settle out of court.

I notice they've dragged Allardyce into it so they can go easy on Bacon face. They will treat them both as equal when Bacon face's comments were much worse.

The panel of Paddy Crerand, Mickey Thomas and David Gill are going to review the interview and decide whether or not to charge him.

Vic said:
Actually, I'd always wondered whether Wiley could do two miles in 12 minutes (the standard for a level 4 referee), but if he is fit enough by the Prem League standards, then he'd have a great case for suing Surly Alex for libel. Far bigger compensation than anything the FA would hand down - better yet, a grovelling apology and settle out of court.

Are you having a laugh? He won't sue he will probably go round to Bacon Face's for whiskey and biscuits.

He is Fergie's buddy, this is all a smokescreen to hide the fergie time.

MikeF said:
How he was not sent to the stand for berating the 4th official is quite beyond me

Respect Campaign ha, do me a favour

Your right but to be fair when Bacon face was doing his interview did you not see that dreadlock come down at the side of the camera, its obvious to me Adebayor was telling him what to say.

Ban Adebayor!

Any other manager woudl have been sent to the stands for his touchline rant.
Look at Wenger against them earlier this season. He only kicked a bottle and off he went even though there was no where for him to sit.

Any money all they'll do is "remind him of his responsibilities" as a Premier League Manager.

It's like that scene in Team America when Hans Blix turns up and asks to be shown around or else...

Fergie - "or else what?!"
The FA - "we will be very angry with you, and we will write you a letter telling you how angry we are"

This is definately one for the FAwatch campaign, how can it not be bringing the game into disrepute? He's such a hypocrite, gets away with a goal well beyond the death in the Derby and it's no problem to him, Scores an equaliser against Sunderland in injury time (which I predicted they would) and claims they should have had more!

Respect Campaign?! PAH! The guy gets away with everything and yet is still a sore loser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.