F@@k off Hughes (MERGED)

The Fixer said:
Do you know what? i can handle getting beat at WHL cos spurs have a good manager and a very good squad, what i can't handle is an un-motivated abject team performance with a manager who can't see how to change a game now that fcuking annoys the tits off me.

Not seen this mentioned but did anyone notice how we rarely won a header all night? thus being second to any drop offs from headers, spurs wanted it more imho.

I noticed it, we were second to every single ball last night. Spurs seemingly won every 50-50. The only time they didnt was when Tevez was harrying. The worst thing is im just starting to accept the mediocrity, slipping back into the ways of where we were four seasons ago. My expectations have been extinguished at the moment. There is nothing to get excited by on the field. Off it, things are excellent and could never be better. Our owners are truly magnificent. This Saturday im not even confident of a draw. This isnt a pessimistic approach, I feel how I did years ago, that a win is a bonus. not an expectation, looking at our squad that is wrong.

did anyone notice that adebayor will NOT jump for a header and it results in him giving away free kicks all the time

I just feel so low at the moment. We lost at Spuds. Not a problem really. Its the way we have been playing that grinds.

Adebayor is one of the best strikers about. But we use him like he is RSC. He might be tall but is no way comfortable with the ball in the air where he has to challenge with a CB. We can all see this. If Hughes wants to play this way then why not start RSC? And as mentioned somewhere else he brings RSC on and doesnt change formation to give us any width to send balls into RSC. RSC and Ade were constantly going wide looking for the ball to creat width. How can we blame those players for that?

There were times last night when we strung together 15 or so passes. Nice, neat football. Final pass was either just cut out or was a long ball from a back pass to defender.

Hughes needs to cut out the constant long ball tactic unless he starts RSC or buys Peter Crouch! It doesnt work. I can see that and I am only FA level 2 coach. How many times did we punt long for it just to come straight back? Dawson and Bassong had the easiest ride of the season last night. I dont blame Ade for it coming straight back as its not his game. Yes, he was lazy, but how much of it is through the despair of trying to win ball after ball after ball against a very dominant CB in Dawson? You can say the money he earns he should play for everything but it must piss him off no end.

Also, Given, his kicking must be up there amongst the poorest in the league.

Sorry if this is just all jumbled, but I am just popping my thoughts on here.

End of the day, Hughes is very good at handling certain things. But a tactician and man-manager he is not.

Blue Mooner said:
With City fans its always about the 'name' I guarantee if we had Hiddink in place with where we are in the league the response would not be so vitriolic.

I'm still 100% behind Hughes - I can't actually believe that people think the players were not 'trying' last night. I thought up until the goal we were well in the game.

Yet again we had a horrendous refereeing decsion for the clear handball from Dawson. It may not have changed the outcome but it p*sses me off. When will we get a decision ?

I will continue to back the manager as long as our owners do - to do anything else is just self defeating.

The only danger I see is that our so called 'support' make it more difficult for our players to express themselves and that is the thing that really annoys me. The negative brigade are just ruining this whole experience of being the worlds richest club by obsessing abouyt the manager.

You back the team whoever is in charge and inspite of those who pupport to ALWAYS back the team - the reality on a match day is that people let their 'views' override their support and the negativity transmits to the players.

I can almost sense the atmosphere on Saturday if we're not a goal up in the first 15 minutes on Saturday.

fully agree...except about the handball...im not sure the ref could see it and im not sure it should have been given anyway

FeedTheGoat10 said:
Pam said:
AND YOU KNOW THIS, HOW?
Jose's doing great in italy. He's won everything in England, so before he comes back here he'll have won everything in italy and spain. ie 5+ years. If we do get him, yeah great.. But there aren't many better than hughes for the job at the moment.

15ip8w.jpg

FeedTheGoat10 said:
Pam said:
AND YOU KNOW THIS, HOW?
Jose's doing great in italy. He's won everything in England, so before he comes back here he'll have won everything in italy and spain. ie 5+ years. If we do get him, yeah great.. But there aren't many better than hughes for the job at the moment.

I'l ask the question I've asked many times before and not yet received an answer to.

Apart from the fact Hughes is the incumbent manager, can anyone give me a reason they feel we should stick with him?

Matty said:
FeedTheGoat10 said:

I'l ask the question I've asked many times before and not yet received an answer to.

Apart from the fact Hughes is the incumbent manager, can anyone give me a reason they feel we should stick with him?

Looks good for his age.

Hughes is tactically naive. Why didnt he play Kompany ay CB last night against the yids? I love Ned but he just isnt fit enough at the mo.
And why did he put two huge forwards up top, towards the end, with no wide men. he hasnt got a clue.

But there aren't many better than hughes for the job at the moment.

In the WHOLE Of the footballing world, your saying there isnt a more experinced manager than Mark hughes....

i bet the inside of the windows in your car are clean

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.