F1 Season 2020.

NOT A PENNY INCOME TAX.
He is a Monaco resident and subject to their tax regime.
O% income tax.

or do you really think he moved to Monaco for the views?
OF COURSE INCOME TAX.

Even as a non UK tax resident, he and you and I and anyone else has to pay tax on their UK derived earnings.

Ps, the views from Monaco are pretty stunning tbf and seeing as he’s on the road for 8-9 months per year, why wouldn’t he select a nice, warm and tax efficient residence to live in when he’s not racing/working?

The Times publish a list every year.
They are guessing , basing it on what they think people earn , but it's not the same thing as tax is a complex area and as you know there are many ways to avoid paying tax .Lewis gets the same letter every tax payer receives with a breakdown of what you have paid and what it's spent on so he could publish it if he wanted to . But why should he , I don't publish mine and neither does anyone else

OF COURSE INCOME TAX.

Even as a non UK tax resident, he and you and I and anyone else has to pay tax on their UK derived earnings.

Ps, the views from Monaco are pretty stunning tbf and seeing as he’s on the road for 8-9 months per year, why wouldn’t he select a nice, warm and tax efficient residence to live in when he’s not racing/working?

And his UK earnings are what? He works for a German firm doesn't he? Is that different? Not trying to be funny about just curious.

The rest of the field must be wondering where the weakness is in the Mercedes when the only bit that fails is made by Pirelli and not Mercedes.

It’s a lot less predictable behind the Mercs there was some good racing yesterday. Different tyre compounds and warmer weather on the weekend may see Redbull get closer.

The rest of the field must be wondering where the weakness is in the Mercedes when the only bit that fails is made by Pirelli and not Mercedes.

It’s a lot less predictable behind the Mercs there was some good racing yesterday. Different tyre compounds and warmer weather on the weekend may see Redbull get closer.
Especially if both Mercs are running around on flats!

Hamilton has looked unbeatable from the front this season, so the trick is getting in front of him to begin with. From there, it’s about staying at least 1 sec ahead, because the Mercs have shown that DRS is their friend against any car.

Luck and Verstappen’s tire change were the factors that decided the race. Bottas had bad luck, Verstappen had bad luck and Hamilton had good luck.

However, that aside, it would have been an H, B, V podium.

Tax should be paid on the basis of where it's earned. If his work took him to Silverstone yesterday then the normal HMT rates should apply, he races at home in Monaco, he pays nowt!
That’s an interesting concept. I’m going to need either a phalanx of tax attorneys, or the quickest flight path to 12 miles offshore I can find when I go to work!

;-)

And his UK earnings are what? He works for a German firm doesn't he? Is that different? Not trying to be funny about just curious.

I don't know what Hamilton's arrangement is. I do know the Mercedes F1 team based in the UK paid £90m in salaries in 2018, so HMRC still takes a fair chunk in income tax every year regardless of where Lewis gets paid, which he's entitled to do.

Tax should be paid on the basis of where it's earned. If his work took him to Silverstone yesterday then the normal HMT rates should apply, he races at home in Monaco, he pays nowt!

Watch F1 pull a FIFA and say the places where they host events have to treat them as tax exempt for the duration of the event, otherwise they don't get the race.

Especially if both Mercs are running around on flats!

Hamilton has looked unbeatable from the front this season, so the trick is getting in front of him to begin with. From there, it’s about staying at least 1 sec ahead, because the Mercs have shown that DRS is their friend against any car.

Luck and Verstappen’s tire change were the factors that decided the race. Bottas had bad luck, Verstappen had bad luck and Hamilton had good luck.

However, that aside, it would have been an H, B, V podium.

Racing Point is interesting in potential as they have a very good car but I don’t think their driver line up is strong and they don’t seem to carry the speed they have on a Saturday into races. If his dad owns it Lance Stroll isn’t going anywhere which probably leaves Perez as the odd man out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.