F1 Season 2020.

Tax should be paid on the basis of where it's earned. If his work took him to Silverstone yesterday then the normal HMT rates should apply, he races at home in Monaco, he pays nowt!
That is what happens.

"The general rules of British tax law provide for the taxation of foreign athletes on their income arising in connection with the performance in the UK, which includes appearance fees, awards, and part of endorsement payments, considered to be earned during their stay in the UK."

https://www.sportsandtaxation.com/2015/09/uk-tax-policy-towards-sports-stars/

Racing Point is interesting in potential as they have a very good car but I don’t think their driver line up is strong and they don’t seem to carry the speed they have on a Saturday into races. If his dad owns it Lance Stroll isn’t going anywhere which probably leaves Perez as the odd man out.

Racing Point are looking great this year aside from the car issue yesterday. The best of the rest is looking exciting this year with Mclaren stepping things up a notch as well as RP.

Renault have put forward 2 protests against Racing Point over their brake ducts and Zak Brown from Mclaren also isn't happy (he called them "Tracing Point" lol) as their car is too similar to last year's Mercedes. He did contradict himself when he mentioned that F1 teams copy each other all of the time? Apparently RP have a strong defence as the brake ducts were bought from Mercedes in 2019 when it was legal before the new rule change dictating the parts should be designed by individual teams.

Hamilton gives the impression of being bored by his succession of easy wins. Perhaps he should go round on three wheels all the time.

Racing Point is interesting in potential as they have a very good car but I don’t think their driver line up is strong and they don’t seem to carry the speed they have on a Saturday into races. If his dad owns it Lance Stroll isn’t going anywhere which probably leaves Perez as the odd man out.
The Merc engine and their aero, not to mention DAS, are making them almost unbeatable. They haven’t had much bad luck this season, with the exception of the timing of Bottas’ flat.

If Lewis’ spin out in Q2 had happened in the race, it would have been something, but he has been almost perfect!

The Merc engine and their aero, not to mention DAS, are making them almost unbeatable. They haven’t had much bad luck this season, with the exception of the timing of Bottas’ flat.

If Lewis’ spin out in Q2 had happened in the race, it would have been something, but he has been almost perfect!

It was impressive to come back from that spin to then destroy the lap record at Silverstone. Mr consistent in an f1 car.

Have to say, F1 is the only sport I have enjoyed watching on TV since restrictions were in place. Hardly notice the crowd not being there when the race is taking place.
Same here. The other plus being that they don't cut to crowd shots when there's close action happening. Been enjoying the Superbikes and MotoGP too for that reason, although the atmosphere on that last lap yesterday would've been incredible.

That last lap is why I watch it. You never know, until they cross the line, what's going to happen. But some still complain about it being processional and boring, and then go on about fucking income tax FFS.

Same here. The other plus being that they don't cut to crowd shots when there's close action happening. Been enjoying the Superbikes and MotoGP too for that reason, although the atmosphere on that last lap yesterday would've been incredible.

That last lap is why I watch it. You never know, until they cross the line, what's going to happen. But some still complain about it being processional and boring, and then go on about fucking income tax FFS.

I miss the roar from the crowds you get in big moments, but other than that it's the best sport to watch without crowds, unless you're used to watching County Championship cricket in which test cricket behind closed doors is just like watching that.

Especially if both Mercs are running around on flats!

Hamilton has looked unbeatable from the front this season, so the trick is getting in front of him to begin with. From there, it’s about staying at least 1 sec ahead, because the Mercs have shown that DRS is their friend against any car.

Luck and Verstappen’s tire change were the factors that decided the race. Bottas had bad luck, Verstappen had bad luck and Hamilton had good luck.

However, that aside, it would have been an H, B, V podium.

Bottas was in no trouble in the first race from the front either. There's barely been a hint of anyone passing the lead car after the first couple of laps.

DRS seems overpowered with the zones being too helpful - even the commentators are noting it openly.

I'd be amazed if anyone is close to a working Merc next race.

Albon may dispute that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.