F1 Season 2020.

I think it has to come in at some point. For a start it will bunch things up as teams will have to make cars that are able to follow other cars.

Yes, it would mean a significant change, and that might be a good thing as a real design shake-up.

It would mean being at the front would be a sitting duck for DRS (which I think is way too powerful).

I'd scrap Practice 3 as teams don't need that much practice time and races are better when they have less practice time or the conditions are unpredictable meaning all their simulations are useless, I hate how they map everything to the nth degree and the laptop decides their race.

I'd replace it with a reverse grid race, 50% distance (like today's restart was) for half points. That way it's long enough to have position changes but not too long that the best cars get all the way through all the time, it gives other cars a chance to compete to win or at least only have to defend a couple of laps at the end. Then qualifying and race as normal.

More of a spectacle, brings another dimension to the championship, makes the whole weekend more unpredictable and watchable and showcases the drivers and other teams racing each other and overtaking which brings commercial value to the sport. The cars need to be simpler and easier to overtake with and to overtake, and this is a step to forcing them to design cars to do so by not guaranteeing them the same order in 95% of races. To me, it's completely the wrong message to have Mercedes be able to spend all that money to design a car they know will be so quick that it's built to be 1-2 on the grid and never have to overtake anything, that's not what this sport is about.

Friday - Practice.
Saturday AM - 50% distance sprint race, half points.
Saturday PM - Qualifying.
Sunday PM - Race.

Today's proven it adds another dimension. It's shown Gasly can handle a race win and that Sainz is a serious driver, and equally shown that Stroll is a useless numpty when presented with the opportunity.

And it was lovely to see Gasly get his win and stick it to Red Bull. Telling that Hamilton basically buried Albon in his post-race interview when congratulating Pierre but it's unsurprising because once again Albon was the shits all weekend.

I think it has to come in at some point. For a start it will bunch things up as teams will have to make cars that are able to follow other cars.
I watch the british touring car championship (btcc) as one of my lads best mates drives in it, and it certainly shakes things up, so anyone who gets in the top 12 can get at the front of the grid in the last race (they normally have 3 races per weekend), and there's not that much between the cars overall.

The other thing btcc does is give a weight handicap to the best cars, its 6kg per car in the top 10, so 60kg for the last race winner, and 6kg for 10th place, that also shakes things up nicely.

Vettel to Racing Point confirmed then. Wonder if this means he'll sort his head out for the rest of this season now ?

Great opportunity for Vettel.

Harsh on Perez but Stroll was never going to lose his seat thanks to Daddy's cash. I know Stroll has more points but the red flag worked in Stroll's favour given he was in 2nd having not pitted, changed tyres under the red flag whilst Hamilton had a time penalty.

Great opportunity for Vettel.

Harsh on Perez but Stroll was never going to lose his seat thanks to Daddy's cash. I know Stroll has more points but the red flag worked in Stroll's favour given he was in 2nd having not pitted, changed tyres under the red flag whilst Hamilton had a time penalty.

Didn’t Perez force them into administration alongside Mercedes to stop Force India being liquidated to save everyone’s job who currently work at Racing point? They were never going to get rid of Stroll junior with his dad owning the team, I don’t think he is good enough though and should be pushing for podiums when Verstappens’s car doesn’t finish.

Vettel needs to buck his ideas up I think there are much more talented drivers who could have taken that seat at the moment.

Didn’t Perez force them into administration alongside Mercedes to stop Force India being liquidated to save everyone’s job who currently work at Racing point? They were never going to get rid of Stroll junior with his dad owning the team, I don’t think he is good enough though and should be pushing for podiums when Verstappens’s car doesn’t finish.

Vettel needs to buck his ideas up I think there are much more talented drivers who could have taken that seat at the moment.

I think Vettel will be a different animal next season. Watching his interview on Sky earlier he came across as looking to next season to build up the new teams reputation and then when the rules change in 22 going balls deep for another title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.