F1 Season 2021

Well I also think the idea he was looking to take him out is a bit OTT. He's just overzealous as always against a driver that wasn't going to back down and the sausage kerb messed it all up.

I dont think he wanted to take him out.

But he was happy to pull a move where the only outcomes were that they crash, or Lewis goes way above and beyond his duty to avoid a crash and just lets Max through.

He knew that whatever happened was good for him. The crash means Lewis doesn't catch up and there's 1 fewer Mercedes friendly race on the calender to catch up.

Or Lewis would let him through to avoid a crash, and he'd find it almost impossible to get the place back.

This is what Verstappen does. He makes a move that will cause a collision and then puts 100% of the responsibility for avoiding a crash on the other driver. He did at Silverstone, and he did today and hes done it for years.

And really there's not that much difference between that and deliberately crashing.

I really don't think Verstappen did what he did to intentionally take Hamilton out. It's uncalled for frankly, the same as with the accusations aimed at Hamilton after Silverstone.

He just pushed his luck too hard against the one driver good enough to be able to fight back. Sometimes you come out on top (like after the 1st lap), sometimes you don't (although he literally came out on top...).

Max isn't malicious. He's hyper competitive to the point of being very reckless, but that's as far as I'd go.
Nah mate. Max is a **** and decided yet again that it was either his corner or they were coming together. Not once this season has Max backed off when he should have. Every single time it’s been left to Hamilton to do so, including lap 1 yesterday.

Max doesn’t give a fuck about anything other than coming first but doesn’t have the talent to do it within the rules.

Stop the overreacting. And don’t forget it was Hamilton that got punished for taking Verstappen out with the latter equally dangerously crashing that could’ve ended a lot worse.
It’s very clear to see that Max turned into the corner knowing it would at best squeeze Hamilton out wide and at worst take him out. Simple really, the guys a hot head and needs to get sorted out.

Earlier in the race, turn 2 I think, Hamilton conceded the space to Max rather than potentially cause an accident....that’s exCtly how Max should have reacted but didnt.

Max is going to win a title through nearly killing his rival, nearly killing himself, getting a free pole in Monaco he didn't earn, getting a free win in Spa he didn't earn and getting bogus points for a farcical sprint race championship.

Even Rosberg had more credibility than this guy.
Max is the Simoncelli of GP.....hopefully it doesn’t end in the same circumstances

If think Mercedes should appeal the 3 place penalty with a view to increasing it. Without the halo a driver could have been seriously injured, paralysed or even killed yesterday because of another drivers recklessness. Red Bull appealled after Silverstone so what's any different now?

It was dangerous, I think the enquiry should look at the sausage curbs on the chicane in view to moving them as hitting that started to move Verstappen’s car airborne.

The gap wasn’t there when Verstappen turned in as most of his car didn’t even go the actual turn on the track. A tactical foul by Verstappen as he knew Mercedes had the car and strategy to win the race. Eight more rounds the gloves are definitely off.

He’s an entitled little fuck who’s spent his life believing he can do what he wants without any repercussions because of his multimillionaire racing driver father.

Correct, and nobody in his inner circle has taken him to task. Clearly a talented driver but reckless and underhand.

Having Ginger Spice as a mentor doesn't help the situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.