F1 Thread - 2018 Season

You're probably right.
Just wish Ferrari and Vettel could make it interesting instead of it being a procession every year

They should have this year they had a better car but did the usual falling to pieces after the summer break, Adrian Newey knows how to develop a car that can win championship but Red Bull have had to contend with a Renault engine being miles behind the front two. The big variable is if Honda get it right and Verstappen can mix it up with Hamilton, the other is Renault trying to peg back the top 3 constructors. When Renault go into Formula one at some point they win.

There are normal tracks but I would hazard a guess half of them are on ovals, constant slip streaming at 200 mph is not a spectacle. You have to have balls of steal to do that next to a concrete wall but a race that lasts 3 hours compared to under the two hours of F1 doesn't hold the attention span.

Indycar/Nascar races on ovals are pretty good tbf. I prefer them to the (concrete) street circuits they use anyway. I always try to catch the Indi 500, but like with most sports you need someone to root for, a basic knowledge of what's going on, and to make an effort to sit and actually watch the whole race from beginning to the end. It is a long time, at Indi, but there are plenty of Yellow Flag periods (safety car after the inevitable crashes/blow-ups), so there are natural breaks before racing resumes again. It's basically about staying out of trouble until the last dash for the line. But, the kicker is, because of slipstreaming, the best place to be is not in front, so it's almost always anyone's with a few laps, bends or even yards to go.

The in-car shots are great when they're hurtling 'round at 200mph+, wheel-to-wheel. I once had a projector and watched it on that, and nearly fell off the couch when we were on-board and had a massive crash!

Indycar/Nascar races on ovals are pretty good tbf. I prefer them to the (concrete) street circuits they use anyway. I always try to catch the Indi 500, but like with most sports you need someone to root for, a basic knowledge of what's going on, and to make an effort to sit and actually watch the whole race from beginning to the end. It is a long time, at Indi, but there are plenty of Yellow Flag periods (safety car after the inevitable crashes/blow-ups), so there are natural breaks before racing resumes again. It's basically about staying out of trouble until the last dash for the line. But, the kicker is, because of slipstreaming, the best place to be is not in front, so it's almost always anyone's with a few laps, bends or even yards to go.

The in-car shots are great when they're hurtling 'round at 200mph+, wheel-to-wheel. I once had a projector and watched it on that, and nearly fell off the couch when we were on-board and had a massive crash!
Sounds quite interesting actually! Are they in off season?

indy-nascar rules are designed to put more emphasis on the driver/crew , with a certain knowledge that processions are unacceptable to sponsors and spectators. A team having a horse-power advantage for years plus an aero advantage, and overtaking a once-a-lap (if that) chance would not be tolerated. The usual response from F1 fan-boys, about purity and cutting edge technology is wearing a bit thin, simply because the spectacle and atmosphere has suffered under ecclestone's greed, a comparison with blatter is fair, imho of course

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.