FA backs safe-standing proposals in Premier League and Championship

If the North stand is extended I would hope the club offer safe standing at £20 across the board for a vocal lower tier,that’s enough to pay for a 14-19 age bracket who would soon get hooked on singing and being with their mates as us 50 somethings used to do in the Kippax stand.

If the North stand is extended I would hope the club offer safe standing at £20 across the board for a vocal lower tier,that’s enough to pay for a 14-19 age bracket who would soon get hooked on singing and being with their mates as us 50 somethings used to do in the Kippax stand.

That is a good shout. But I doubt very much that City will make those tickets £20. Probably more like £30-£35.

My concern from a pure atmosphere perspective, is that safe standing season tickets and matchday tickets in the NS lower are not snapped up by people who just want cheap tickets, but have no interest or intention of singing and creating an atmosphere. Because if that happens we will end up with another SS lower, but in the NS lower. Some how City must come up with something to try and make sure that those fans applying for safe standing tickets in the NS lower are fans who genuinely want to sing and want to create an atmosphere. This is our last chance to create a genuine singing section, and not a Half-baked singing section that we’ve currently got in the SS lower.

Having one large end would be fantastic but could be difficult to construct given the restrictions imposed by the original roofing supports.

I’d question where having one large North Stand end would leave the thousands of fans in the Family Stand.

It’s also important to point out that there will likely be limits on how big these standing sections can be so we aren’t going to be allowed a Dortmund style wall where everyone can stand. The new end stand at Spurs is designed so that only the smaller bottom blocks along the front can have safe standing.

Personally, I’d go with the idea of an expanded 2nd tier.

91_DB25_FB_27_F7_4588_850_E_604_B5244_C696.jpg

- All the lower tier safe standing.(Between the green marks)

- Family stand in the new expanded upper west side (between the blue marks)

- Normal seating in the new expanded upper east side (between the yellow marks)

- If that isn’t enough for the Family Stand then just move it across into the yellow section as much as required.

Benefits

- An entire section of safe standing behind the goal.

- Keeps the Family Stand all together.

- No empty seats on show in North Stand lower from non attenders, whether that be season card holders, complimentaries etc.

- Can even put a giant ‘93:20’ in white seats into the huge new upper tier.

(I’d still love one big end though!)

Brilliant news, should help improve atmosphere, now we just need to lower ticket prices so it's affordable to a younger fanbase and job's a good 'un.

Having one large end would be fantastic but could be difficult to construct given the restrictions imposed by the original roofing supports.

I’d question where having one large North Stand end would leave the thousands of fans in the Family Stand.

It’s also important to point out that there will likely be limits on how big these standing sections can be so we aren’t going to be allowed a Dortmund style wall where everyone can stand. The new end stand at Spurs is designed so that only the smaller bottom blocks along the front can have safe standing.

Personally, I’d go with the idea of an expanded 2nd tier.

91_DB25_FB_27_F7_4588_850_E_604_B5244_C696.jpg

- All the lower tier safe standing.(Between the green marks)

- Family stand in the new expanded upper west side (between the blue marks)

- Normal seating in the new expanded upper east side (between the yellow marks)

- If that isn’t enough for the Family Stand then just move it across into the yellow section as much as required.

Benefits

- An entire section of safe standing behind the goal.

- Keeps the Family Stand all together.

- No empty seats on show in North Stand lower from non attenders, whether that be season card holders, complimentaries etc.

- Can even put a giant ‘93:20’ in white seats into the huge new upper tier.

(I’d still love one big end though!)

I think the problem there is that kids don't really want to be in the gods, miles away from the pitch.

They want to be as close to the players as possible.

And I'm sure parents would rather not drag their kids up and down the stairs / spirals for every game.

I personally think the family stand is too big as it is. That's where you see most empty seats on a match day. I would personally move it to the corner on the lower tier, most kids aren't there for the view.

And I would love the standing section to be all along the bottom tier of the newly named David Silva Stand (East Stand). Call the bottom tier "The Kippax".

Safe standing will attract vocal support but this will be at conflict with the family seating where most will want a more gentle experience and not have their kids exposed to the language that might come from vocal fans. The south stand is the best place for safe standing. The north stand expansion should be split with normal seating and family seats offered at good value.

That leaves the club with a bit of a dilemma.

I think the problem there is that kids don't really want to be in the gods, miles away from the pitch.

They want to be as close to the players as possible.

And I'm sure parents would rather not drag their kids up and down the stairs / spirals for every game.

I personally think the family stand is too big as it is. That's where you see most empty seats on a match day. I would personally move it to the corner on the lower tier, most kids aren't there for the view.

And I would love the standing section to be all along the bottom tier of the newly named David Silva Stand (East Stand). Call the bottom tier "The Kippax".

I suppose people already take their kids up stairs to get to the upper tier. Might not be too bad with an extended version of the existing tier. They could add more lifts and an escalator.

That bottom bit is just fantasy. :)

The logistics of moving that many people and the need to have that many wanting to stand make it a non starter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.