FA Cup 3rd Round | Swindon (A)

Hoping to get to this one. Was absolutely drenched in '96 when they beat us there - only a few weeks after I'd watched Lincoln City beat us 4-1 in the Cup.
Just looked up the Swindon game and saw that Kevin Horlock was the Swindon captain and missed a penalty: if only I'd known then how important Super-Kev was going to be 3 years later! Anyway fingers crossed I can get a couple of tickets - adn then remember how to navigate that roundabout!

Now depends on the COVID restrictions, what sort of a good time can be had.

However I do like your thinking, that is definitely the way to do it.
Had a quick look last night, Swindon West Premier Inn £29 on that night, free parking too

Seen City at Swindon a few times, mostly good memories as we generally did well there, even when we were shit!
First time was the 4:3 (week before the 10:1 wasn't it) Following season went on New Years Eve with my inflatable pink pterodactyl (not a euphemism, it was during the 'inflatables' period).
When I went the season we got relegated to Div 2 the City fans sang 'we're shit and we're beating you'. Remember a Swindon fan I was speaking to after that game being impressed with our self depreciating self of humour.!
Just a few beers in front of the TV this time and hopefully self depreciating humour not needed!

£30 for an away ticket, bloody hell - sorry. I'd go for the Arkells if that's uniform across all stands.

Seems we are cashing in, which I can understand to an extent. But bloody hell, you have a long and difficult Friday trip as it is, and many of us havve donated refunds and monies from last season.

In a word…yes. It’s our first third round appearance since we beat Wigan in 2012 under the mad Italian Paolo Di Canio. Funnily enough, Wigan won it the following season, but I can’t recall the opponents ;)

Throw in an awful few years for the club with ownership issues and the expectation that City usually play a decent side in the cups, then this tie is eagerly anticipated in Wiltshire.

Di Canio is a very intelligent football person. His tactical nouse is second to none. He is great to listen to , just a shame his madcap approach And poor person management has led to him being frozen out of the game.

I think his favourite position is Right Wing.
very good.

980876-19387518-2560-1440.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.