FA Cup 3rd Round | Swindon (A)

Why don't the TV companies actually pick games that neutrals might want to watch and try and bring back the romance of the cup. What is the point of showing the Chelsea, Spuds and dipper games, no chance whatsoever of an upset and both will probably win by at least five or at least they should. Surely the likes of the Notts Forest v Arsenal game, Millwall v Palace even Yeovil v Bournemouth should be on before the same teams. I would even say why bother with our game, leave it the Saturday at 3.00pm. But we all know it won't happen

Should be a decent game, and a chance to rest a few first teamers perhaps. My cousin is an Oxford fan, they all despise Swindon apparently.

Pissed off that the chavs effectively get yet another bye, and of course the rag twats have a home draw, yet again.
My Swindon-supporting mate refers to Oxford as Poxford. The feeling between Poxtford and Swindon is mutual. And if I were an Oxford man I'd support Oxford City.

I always think of Swindon as a poor man's Reading - or is reading a poor man's Swindon.

Hopefully will be on TV. The county ground looks decent on TV where as the proper magic of the FA cup involves a big club at a genuinely shit ground. But with most other big clubs at home this should be on.
It looks okay on TV, but in truth it is in exactly the same condition as the last few times you've visited. Not a lot changed, except seats on the Stratton Bank where you can get wet, while admiring the seats. Bring some protection from the elements.

That's what I like about the early FA-rounds. You can come up against teams that we haven't faced for years or never before. Especially an away game to visit another ground and town.
Difficult for me to get a ticket, let alone facing the covid-rules for foreigners travelling to the UK that takes away any spontanious plan to travel the region for a few days.

Hopefully it'll get TV-coverage, but very unlikely. We all know why.
It will definitely be on TV, the Champions away to a fourth division side. The Cult and Chelsea games are at home and are mere formalities with 10-0 scorelines likely

That's what I like about the early FA-rounds. You can come up against teams that we haven't faced for years or never before. Especially an away game to visit another ground and town.
Difficult for me to get a ticket, let alone facing the covid-rules for foreigners travelling to the UK that takes away any spontanious plan to travel the region for a few days.

Hopefully it'll get TV-coverage, but very unlikely. We all know why.

Swindon fans seem happy, would have liked it to be at City, and have concerns about their capacity for it.

TV choices are pretty huge this round, ignoring the redshirts:
Chelsea-Chesterfield - nonleague team away at top side
Forest-Arsenal - big club at risk
Leicester-Watford - holders
Boreham Wood-Wimbledon - surely a must to be shown
Yeovil-Bournemouth - bit local but a decent choice

Swindon fans seem happy, would have liked it to be at City, and have concerns about their capacity for it.

TV choices are pretty huge this round, ignoring the redshirts:
Chelsea-Chesterfield - nonleague team away at top side
Forest-Arsenal - big club at risk
Leicester-Watford - holders
Boreham Wood-Wimbledon - surely a must to be shown
Yeovil-Bournemouth - bit local but a decent choice

Chesterfield will get dicked by a Chelsea B team and it wont be a great watch. But no doubt a contender for TV.

Forest-Arsenal - meh
Leicester-Watford - meh

Boreham Wood-Wimbledon
Yeovil-Bournemouth
These two are more like it - i will be disappointed if there is not at least one shipping container somewhere at the side of the pitch and that is the magic of the FA cup. But that said Wimbledon and Bournemouth dont bring a massive appeal so one or both could be overlooked.

Why don't the TV companies actually pick games that neutrals might want to watch and try and bring back the romance of the cup. What is the point of showing the Chelsea, Spuds and dipper games, no chance whatsoever of an upset and both will probably win by at least five or at least they should. Surely the likes of the Notts Forest v Arsenal game, Millwall v Palace even Yeovil v Bournemouth should be on before the same teams. I would even say why bother with our game, leave it the Saturday at 3.00pm. But we all know it won't happen
It's like the mainstream news. You will see and hear what they think you should and not what you actually want.

Chesterfield will get dicked by a Chelsea B team and it wont be a great watch. But no doubt a contender for TV.

Forest-Arsenal - meh
Leicester-Watford - meh

Boreham Wood-Wimbledon
Yeovil-Bournemouth
These two are more like it - i will be disappointed if there is not at least one shipping container somewhere at the side of the pitch and that is the magic of the FA cup. But that said Wimbledon and Bournemouth dont bring a massive appeal so one or both could be overlooked.

I'm pretty much always up for the day in the limelight for a non-league side.

Leicester purely listed as the holders, the match itself is just a PL re-run of no real note.

For awkward matches, I'd also chuck in Swansea-Southampton and Hull-Everton as being of interest, particularly the second one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.