FA Cup 4th Round 1988 - Blackpool V City - Were You In The Stand Behind The Goal?

jrb

Man City score with the last kick of the game at Blackpool in the 4th round of the FA Cup back in January 1988. Old school movement is to be cherished!

36 second video footage of the last minute equaliser and City fans going mad.

Man City score with the last kick of the game at Blackpool in the 4th round of the FA Cup back in January 1988. Old school movement is to be cherished!

36 second video footage of the last minute equaliser and City fans going mad.

Yes, I started out at the back of the terrace and ended up halfway down after that goal. I'd paid a tout £12 for a ticket too (face value was £3 or £4) so would have been well pissed off if we'd lost. Happy days!

I was there too. Remember the town before the game, blues everywhere. Happy days.

Pissed up like a lot of blues that day, boddies pub near ground
Some Blackburn youth ( rover's firm ) turned up to check us out and back the seasiders and they ended up getting a right kicking

I was in the covered terrace opposite the camera. Went fucking mental for that Lake goal. Banged my knee on the crush-barrier; it was absolute agony. There were some seriously pissed up blues in front of us that kept singing “we’re on the march with Billy’s army...” even though McNeill had quit the club two years beforehand. Fucking amateurs.

Yep I was there, seem to remember boozing in a pub opp Blackpool station , The Wellington ??
Only 17

I was in the stand to the left with the roof on, wishing I was in the one behind the net!

The locals weren't too happy after, but loads of blues, ready for anything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.