FA Cup 4th Round 1988 - Blackpool V City - Were You In The Stand Behind The Goal?

I was right near the front. Had a copy of the first edition of the fanzine Blue Print I bought outside and tried to keep it neat and tidy (still have it in that condition today!)
I saw the shot hit the bar and jumped up and then covered my head with my hands, thinking ''fuck, it hit the bar'' and the next thing there is pandemonium all around me, bodies flying all over me and apparently we scored! Even watching that film it is hard to see who actually put the ball in the net!

I was right near the front. Had a copy of the first edition of the fanzine Blue Print I bought outside and tried to keep it neat and tidy (still have it in that condition today!)
I saw the shot hit the bar and jumped up and then covered my head with my hands, thinking ''fuck, it hit the bar'' and the next thing there is pandemonium all around me, bodies flying all over me and apparently we scored! Even watching that film it is hard to see who actually put the ball in the net!
Lakey was the last City player to touch the ball but I think it bounced off the post then hit a defender and went in.

No I wasn't there, can't remember why as I was a regular away traveller, one of a handful of games like York that passed me by.

I was there down near the front, I was 16. My dad lost his wallet in the mellay after so anyone has I willing to take it back no questions asked.

I was in there! Remember it was a cold winter's day. I also remember absolute chaos outside after the game and the use of a builder's skip full of rubble and bricks!

I was in the covered terrace opposite the camera. Went fucking mental for that Lake goal. Banged my knee on the crush-barrier; it was absolute agony. There were some seriously pissed up blues in front of us that kept singing “we’re on the march with Billy’s army...” even though McNeill had quit the club two years beforehand. Fucking amateurs.

I was in there, trying to stop people crushing my mate who had stupidly decided to travel to the game with a couple of broken ribs.

I can remember that & what a shithole it always was there, but strangely enough, would have had no idea of the result if I hadn't seen that vid, nor the other times we played Blackpool thinking about it.

I seem to have condensed most of about 30 years of City, into a few memories football wise & completely rejected most of the stuff which happened on the pitch (but even that still involves Sean Devine scoring for Wycombe Wanderers).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.