FA Cup 4th Round 1988 - Blackpool V City - Were You In The Stand Behind The Goal?

I was also in the side covered stand - thought the goal was never going to come....it had taken us 3 epics to get past Huddersfield in previous round. Great cup run that year. 22 years old and having a ball at the time......

Man City score with the last kick of the game at Blackpool in the 4th round of the FA Cup back in January 1988. Old school movement is to be cherished!

36 second video footage of the last minute equaliser and City fans going mad.

Yes. I was behind the goal, but higher up. I missed the goal going in, as there had been a couple of surges before it and i ended up on the floor, half standing as the goal goes in and then the next wave hit me, sitting me on my arse again.
I also remember a spot of fisticuffs taking place on the beach post match.Coppers turned up and i legged it sharpish. Blackpool dibble were not averse to letting the dogs off their leads,as I can vouch for first hand on a previous visit.

For me, the Gidman equaliser at Huddersfield topped this. Only just mind. IIRC we went out to both Merseyside clubs at QF stage, Everton 0-2 in League cup (somehow I ended up on the Mayneline coach that day - Christ that was some experience) and Liverpool 0-4 in FA Cup.

The one that I think comes closest to this celebration was at the swamp when Keith Curle hammered in a penalty right in front of us after elephant man had brought down David White on the edge of the box. I think we drew 1-1.
The celebration for that was fucking mental!

I was in the Stretford Paddock with several hundred other blues that night and although there’s no footage of where we were, I can assure you it was every bit as mental in there too! The amazing thing about the footage of the penalty incident and the penalty itself is that the celebrations when we won the penalty were almost as manic as those when Curle scored!

I was in the Stretford Paddock with several hundred other blues that night and although there’s no footage of where we were, I can assure you it was every bit as mental in there too! The amazing thing about the footage of the penalty incident and the penalty itself is that the celebrations when we won the penalty were almost as manic as those when Curle scored!

The penalty footage starts at around 2.10 ;-)
What a night that was!

Whitey missed a sitter later on to win it!

remember the city fans pulling the roof tiles off the roof terrace and throwing at the blackpoo fans.. they started throwing them back... absolute riotous scenes everywhere that day... proppaa nartee

Couldnt get a ticket for the game , so stayed in a boozer down the road until 15 minutes from the end , they opened the gates to let early leavers out and five of us jibbed in ended up in the stand opposite the TV cameras in the paddock , we must have had six attempts trying to score that goal , and when it went in i think a couple of our players ended up in the net with the ball. Then it went mental , our fans were going wild like we had won the FA Cup , i finished up about 10 yards from my mates amongst all the mayhem , a great day out ,but we were easily pleased in those days :)

Was in there too.

Mental. Best away day ever. ****s couldn't believe it.

When Curle scored one of our lads ran across the pitch and jumped right into the City end to celebrate.

Still remember Coton coming out for second half and coming over to the Paddock giving it fist pumps and saluting us for our bravery.

Was in there too.

Mental. Best away day ever. ****s couldn't believe it.

When Curle scored one of our lads ran across the pitch and jumped right into the City end to celebrate.

Still remember Coton coming out for second half and coming over to the Paddock giving it fist pumps and saluting us for our bravery.
I was in the main stand that night quietly celebrating with my dad and brother. I’m sure one of their players aimed a punch at Pointon after he kicked Giggs.

I was paddock too. only the shitford end ive not been in. ( im from Stretford too ) it always made me feel more proud as a Blue when we were giving it them at the swamp. My first visit watching us there was paddock, aged about 10 or 11 in 75/76?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.