FA Cup 4th Round 1988 - Blackpool V City - Were You In The Stand Behind The Goal?

I was in the Stretford paddock too.. we were in the Stretford end but as we got in the ground could hear city songs / blue & white balloons in the stretford paddock, so we moved in to there.. must of been 200 or so.. we got surrounded by police in 2nd half.. great celebrations in there when Curle scored!!

Pissed up like a lot of blues that day, boddies pub near ground
Some Blackburn youth ( rover's firm ) turned up to check us out and back the seasiders and they ended up getting a right kicking
I missed the game.
Got lifted after a few of us chased them and got involved with them and some Blackpool fans a few streets away.
Got banged up and was let out a couple of hours after the game.

I used to stand on the Kippax with my dad but was a bit young to go to many away games with a paddock or terrace in the top flight. Nearly all were seats by the time I started going away regularly. Think one of the only ones I went to with standing for away fans when I was a kid was Coventry away in 1990 when we got beat 3-1...not really any 'scenes' that day!

For obvious reasons much harder to celebrate like that when you've got seats all around you lacerating your legs. But best away scenes in similar circumstances I was at was Villa away in the cup in 05 or 06...when Micah equalized in the 94th minute. That was carnage (or as close as it gets in 21st century).

I was in that end, I use to travel to away games with the Blackpool branch, went into the Dog and Partridge before game, wouldn't let us in after.
The game that stands out for me was at Pompey in the 1985 promotion season, some cracking scenes after the goals go in, Including the Portsmouth one to be fair.

I probably was. Went to a fair few January games at Blackpool. God, it was windy and cold.

I remember Blackpool fans ripping off slates from the roof and throwing them into our paddock. Very scary.

great day that I will never forget the goal mouth scramble we were right behind the net. got the train that day the old British rail train with the one legged tables,
my mates mum and dad had a pub in stockport so we raided the cellar and filled a bag with about 50 bottles of lager the good old days. also was at leeds rd for the gidman equaliser what a ground that was

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.