FA Cup Comeback v Spurs 2003/04

My lad was fighting his own battle to survive that night as he was seriously ill in St.Mary’s hospital, Paddington with meningococcal septicimia, a deadly form of Meningitis, he was just 9 months old, I had a ticket for the game but couldn’t leave his bedside where I’d been for two weeks solid as he continued to defy the odds with his quest to live, despite him being given an 1/100 chance of survival by the doctors, who so remarkably cared for him. I recall the Spurs goals flashing up on my Nokia 6410 and cursing City for the performance, the second half comeback felt like it was sent from above to cheer me up, it did the trick as Harvey started his own miracle come back from the dead, despite serval amputations and loss of a third of each foot he made a near full recovery, he’s now 15 years of age and closing in on his 200th attended City match, I will never forget that match and what it meant to me.

Wow, mate. What a post. All the best to you and your son.

I have just heard David Pleat talking about this game on talksport. It really hurt him, the players, the fans and the directors. He said everyone deserted the ground and he didn't know what to do with himself so he got pissed with John Motson. Serves him right for that jig on the pitch in 1983.

I have just heard David Pleat talking about this game on talksport. It really hurt him, the players, the fans and the directors. He said everyone deserted the ground and he didn't know what to do with himself so he got pissed with John Motson. Serves him right for that jig on the pitch in 1983.
Surprised he didn't go out for a kerb crawl

Thank you Sir Joseph Barton.

A man who's pivotal in two of the clubs most historical moments.

Had to go and watch this again. I'd forgotten Arakson's double save.

Andy Gray's muttered "I don't believe it" always brings a smile.

Remember my dad had a bet with his mate for £50 that city would come back and win in the second half. Whatever possessed him to do I don’t know. His mate paid up he was devastated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.