FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

The reason for the kick off times is connected to this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...n-on-brink-of-signing-1bn-tv-deal-for-fa-cup/

The FA signed a big International TV rights deal in 2016 starting from 2018 for 3 seasons. As part of the deal, i think it was agreed they would spread the fixtures out as much as possible so that they got more viewers across the weekend (Bit like Amazon did last week with there games). So a certain amount at 3pm Saturday, 5:30pm Saturday, probably 2:00 pm Sunday etc...

So after the draw, BT/BBC make there picks for domestic TV showing, then the rest are allocated a kick off time to fill the other slots.

The FA see the FA Cup as there Cash Cow (£820M for oversees rights alone) & as we know they never take match going fans into account, hence why the final is on at 5/5:30pm these days rather than 3pm.....It's all for the TV money from around the world!

Anyone a rough idea on what the tickets are likely to cost? Looking to take my 8 year old lad to a game as part of his Xmas and a City game seems like the best idea considering we are travelling from Scotland. Was thinking about the Everton game on New Years Day but more chance of getting 2 together for this game.
I would guess £10 an adult probably £1 for kids. Or worst case £15 and £5

Excellent prices from City once again for a FA Cup game against lower league opposition. Most adults tickets are either £10 or £15, with concessions (under 18s and over 65s) either £1 or £5 depending which stand the ticket is for. Could be @ 50,000 + attendance despite the late KO time.
I read that as up to 7,500 seats for Vale. Will be great if it's a sell-out. It should be as it's cheap, a weekend game and no TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.