FA Cup Final | Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

Who do you want to win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chelsea unlucky with injuries and even more unlucky that the ref and football authorities knew that Arsenal needed a leg up to guarantee the much needed European revenue next season.

Feel for Wolves a bit as well after watching Taylor in action ensuring the above happened.

Arsenal committed 2 fouls in the entire game, their first in the 54th minute (so none in the first half) and 2nd in the 58th minute, so 2 in 5 mins and none in the remaining 97 minutes of the game. Chelsea "committed" 9 in the first half alone, and 14 overall.

Interestingly, it put me in mind of another Anthony Taylor game, the 3-1 loss to Chelsea at home, where we led 1-0 at Half-Time, in the 2nd half the foul count was 8 to City, 3 to Chelsea. Interestingly though, not only was Luiz not sent off and we have a stonewall pen turned down in the first half, but once Chelsea equalised on the hour mark, the foul count in the final half hour was 7 by City, 1 by Chelsea. In fact, City gave away 7 fouls for 11 tackles attempted, Chelsea 1 from 15 tackles attempted in that spell, we also had 62% possession and Chelsea made 11 blocks and 5 clearances in that half hour. Oh, and we also had 2 players sent off.

I feel the same way. It makes me disillusioned, it just feels so sterile, and soulless. It sounds bad, but a part of me sort of wishes we don't win the Champions League this season. The thought of lifting the trophy, in what should be a huge moment for the club, in an empty stadium, just doesn't sit right. Pep and the players deserve better.
I know what you mean but lifting the trophy in an empty stadium is better than losing it in one.

Arsenal committed 2 fouls in the entire game, their first in the 54th minute (so none in the first half) and 2nd in the 58th minute, so 2 in 5 mins and none in the remaining 97 minutes of the game. Chelsea "committed" 9 in the first half alone, and 14 overall.

Interestingly, it put me in mind of another Anthony Taylor game, the 3-1 loss to Chelsea at home, where we led 1-0 at Half-Time, in the 2nd half the foul count was 8 to City, 3 to Chelsea. Interestingly though, not only was Luiz not sent off and we have a stonewall pen turned down in the first half, but once Chelsea equalised on the hour mark, the foul count in the final half hour was 7 by City, 1 by Chelsea. In fact, City gave away 7 fouls for 11 tackles attempted, Chelsea 1 from 15 tackles attempted in that spell, we also had 62% possession and Chelsea made 11 blocks and 5 clearances in that half hour. Oh, and we also had 2 players sent off.
He really is Mr.Statistical Anomaly....isn’t he!?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.