FA Cup Final | Arsenal 2 Chelsea 1

Who do you want to win ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Genuinely curious - why do you think Wolves joined with the Arse/Scum/Scouse mob to crusade against City?

No idea, I've made my views clear many times in the past.

Main reasons I can think of:

1. The owners acted in self interest and saw an opportunity to increase the clubs chances of playing in the Champions League

2. Now this is something I have been chewing over and not something any of you seem to consider: maybe we genuinely believed you were guilty of wrong doing and felt it only right that appropriate action was taken?

Like I say, nothing to do with me and I know as much (probably less) as you guys

Genuinely curious - why do you think Wolves joined with the Arse/Scum/Scouse mob to crusade against City?
I have no idea I have seen very little about it apart from on here. I can only think it was a business decision as lupo said- I know a number of wolves fans that were unhappy with the decision and are glad that we appear to have withdrawn any support.

1. The owners acted in self interest and saw an opportunity to increase the clubs chances of playing in the Champions League

2. Now this is something I have been chewing over and not something any of you seem to consider: maybe we genuinely believed you were guilty of wrong doing and felt it only right that appropriate action was taken?

Like I say, nothing to do with me and I know as much (probably less) as you guys

Fair points!

The self-interest makes sense to me - the half dozen hoping to have a CL or EL place freed up clearly had a valid interest in not having any ban delayed. Strange to have pulled out at some point, but any discussion is going to be pure speculation.
Some of the clubs (Liverpool are the obvious one as they were miles clear at the time) were clearly doing it to try to bring pressure to bear - to damage City rather than to better themselves. It's easy to imagine that they didn't want to be blatant about it!, and talked others into joining them - again it's speculation.

I'm quite happy to entertain the concept that e.g. Wolves though City were genuinely guilty. That's a perfectly reasonable position to take - I guess some might wonder how they came to that conclusion, but it's a fairly pointless alley to go down. More speculation!

Of all the clubs that signed against us most I would imagine would have done so in the interests of justice: ie, they believed we had acted illegally and took the correct course. But I believe with the Redshirts it was done out of spite and jealousy.

I have no idea I have seen very little about it apart from on here. I can only think it was a business decision as lupo said- I know a number of wolves fans that were unhappy with the decision and are glad that we appear to have withdrawn any support.

That's good - I can go back to Wolverhampton Wanderers instead of Hyena-ampton Wanderers. Mind, I haven't got over the 4-3 reverse in 55 at Maine Road!

Of all the clubs that signed against us most I would imagine would have done so in the interests of justice: ie, they believed we had acted illegally and took the correct course. But I believe with the Redshirts it was done out of spite and jealousy.

... but, in judging guilt or innocence, they had access to the same stuff we had

... apart from all the extra stuff they got on the grapevine from the ringleaders.

Maybe the ringleaders credibility has dropped a mile or more?

Based on what? The only evidence that was in the public domain were the six stolen emails and they added up to the square root of fuck all.

That's good - I can go back to Wolverhampton Wanderers instead of Hyena-ampton Wanderers. Mind, I haven't got over the 4-3 reverse in 55 at Maine Road!
My first game was 1959 and we put 4 past the then English champions.. mind, they put 6 past Bert Trautmann! My introduction to 'typical City' that day! When City came out, I thought we looked brilliant in our sky blue and white.. but I must concede that Wolves in their old gold and black looked like Gods come down from Mount Olympus to swat away us mere mortals..! And don't get me going on the 8-1 on the first day of the 62-63 (relegation) season..!

What is strange is that Jorge Mendez apparently has a strong relationship with City's hierarchy. I thought it was a big mistake by Wolves. They should be in City's camp over FFP and the way is being used by the ECA clubs to prevent other clubs challenging at the top. There must be more to it. To intervene in another club's court battle against them is a big statement.

My first game was 1959 and we put 4 past the then English champions.. mind, they put 6 past Bert Trautmann! My introduction to 'typical City' that day! When City came out, I thought we looked brilliant in our sky blue and white.. but I must concede that Wolves in their old gold and black looked like Gods come down from Mount Olympus to swat away us mere mortals..! And don't get me going on the 8-1 on the first day of the 62-63 (relegation) season..!

I recall City being on the receiving end of a 9-2 and an 8-4 - West Brom and Leicester I think. Oh, the 62-3 season. We ought to have a DVD available in the shop so current younger fans can see what we suffered for our art!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.