FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

I said this...

A lot looked post drink lethargic..

I know I've done it.
Spot it a mile away.

Pep should never have let them have 3 days off..
Do your celebrating after the cup final..
Fucks sake your multi millionaires it's not like your missing out on something.

Very frustrating considering how well we did to get at that position

I keep reading remarks alleging that our players were celebrating all week. Where did that come from? Is there CONCRETE proof not social media/media insinuation?
Yes some players were seen coming out of some place in Manchester in the early hours on Monday morning but that was to be expected and they thoroughly deserved It.
However I don’t remember seeing or hearing of any celebrations after that but did see a couple of photos of them training during the week. So where did the allegations come from?

Agreed, or is it just hearsay ???

Bad day at the office after becoming 4-in-row champions.

Sometimes you don’t realise everything someone brings to the table until they’re gone. Ederson’s relaxed attitude helps to stop panic at the back.

Pep messed up changing both centre backs. Akanji and Dias are in their best form of the season whilst players like Stones haven't started for 5 weeks.

The players getting absolutely hammered the week of the final wasn't a good look and was a concern of mine considering how tight sport is at the elite level. Image a pro boxer getting that pissed the week of a title fight.

That performance from KDB had been bubbling for a while. Apart from the couple of games he had in January, he's been far from his best form since.

Alverez's finishing has dropped off a lot since last season. Can't really afford to be missing chances like he did in the second half especially when trying to earn a place in the team. Not sure on the floated corners either.

Obviously very disappointed to lose to United but can't be too downhearted since I'd have been blown away with a 4th title in a row if offered at the start of the season. Also, if we were going to lose a final against them, at least it wasn't the one on the way to the treble.
Good post. They packed their midfield and defence and relied on the speed of attack, I thought it was similar to the Real Madrid match.
Awful way to go a goal down with a big kick up the pitch and I have no idea why Gvardiol doesn’t head that backwards? Their second goal tore right through us. I agree about changing the centre backs, that really messed us up.
I also fully agree about going on the booze the week of a big match. Why it was allowed and not held back until after today’s match I have no idea.

What a bollocks day. Bit of a sad end of season if I'm being really greedy. Should have beaten Madrid for a CL final place, and really really really should have beaten that shower of shite today. The back-to-back treble was only a few games away.

But hey, four in a row and you can't win every final, but c<n't help feeling it should have ended better, even if it was a double winning year.

My view on todays disaster,just today not the past year,KDB ,Foden,Haaland,and sorry to Ecclesblue Stones.were awful .Stones not match fit,not his fault.kev And Phil need a long break..Haaland was lathargic,useless first touch,slow in movement and thoughtPep comes out with little credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.