FA Cup R5 - Sheff Wed (A) - Wed 4 Mar 7:45pm

Where do we start

• Possibly the most expensive ticket prices in the division either on Matchday or ST, hardly any walk up fans due to this
  • Terrible football, aging squad lots on big money (loads out of contract in the summer), players frozen out, manager not brought his own staff in, no style of play (unless you include poor)
  • 3rd on Xmas Day, fell off a cliff since then (5 points from 30, only win we've had was away @ Leeds)
  • Pending EFL charge hanging over us for putting the sale of the stadium in the wrong years accounts, most Wednesday fans are expecting anything from 9 to 21
  • Silence from the Chairman although he has been on the rides at Disneyland Tokyo recently so makes sense
  • Club seems rudderless, chairman admitted when he bought us he doesn't know a lot about football, but despite chucking his money at it he's made poor decisions running the club. No idea who takes the reigns on a day to day basis when he is out of the country.
  • Issues with stadium entry/exit from SAG/SYP/SCC meaning no home fans could exit onto Leppings Lane causing traffic flow measures on Penistone Road due to volume of people on that side of the stadium
On the plus side........no nothing at the minute.

I'm off to Birmingham tomorrow, I must be mad!!

As always it's the hope that kills you :)

Cheers for your explanation. Good luck tomorrow, hope you get the 3 points!

Where do we start

• Possibly the most expensive ticket prices in the division either on Matchday or ST, hardly any walk up fans due to this
  • Terrible football, aging squad lots on big money (loads out of contract in the summer), players frozen out, manager not brought his own staff in, no style of play (unless you include poor)
  • 3rd on Xmas Day, fell off a cliff since then (5 points from 30, only win we've had was away @ Leeds)
  • Pending EFL charge hanging over us for putting the sale of the stadium in the wrong years accounts, most Wednesday fans are expecting anything from 9 to 21
  • Silence from the Chairman although he has been on the rides at Disneyland Tokyo recently so makes sense
  • Club seems rudderless, chairman admitted when he bought us he doesn't know a lot about football, but despite chucking his money at it he's made poor decisions running the club. No idea who takes the reigns on a day to day basis when he is out of the country.
  • Issues with stadium entry/exit from SAG/SYP/SCC meaning no home fans could exit onto Leppings Lane causing traffic flow measures on Penistone Road due to volume of people on that side of the stadium

Great post, i live 1 mile from the ground and go past it most days.
Its hard to believe that stand has not been knocked down
I didnt think we would shift that many tickets due to wemberlee.

....your right its the hope that kills ya !1

Where do we start

Sounds like you have Ken Bates as chairman. Any decent restaurants near the stadium these days?

Great post, i live 1 mile from the ground and go past it most days.
Its hard to believe that stand has not been knocked down
I didnt think we would shift that many tickets due to wemberlee.

....your right its the hope that kills ya !1

I agree I think in this day and age it would have been, but 1989 was a very different landscape as far as football fans were concerened.

Sounds like you have Ken Bates as chairman. Any decent restaurants near the stadium these days?

Unfortunately m8 not being local I can't really help. My match days involves driving in, parking up, chippy, match, cry, drive home

Anyone know what it is like for parking these days ?

I tend to street park on Saturdays and use Sainsbury's for midweek games via yourparkingspace.com as it's only £2.50, they don't have loads of spaces though so first come first served.

Where do we start

If owners are taking money out of the club, contact eufa, you will get a medal. Money in cop a ban.
Personally like both sheff clubs and often have a good chat on the train on my way up to matches, it is the Barnsley fans I cannot understand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.