FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea | Sat 20 Apr 5:15pm SOLD OUT

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I genuinely don’t understand the obsession with “which end are we in” at Wembley. All of the pubs near Wembley are shit. All of them. Drink near Euston/Kings Cross or anywhere else on the Metropolitan line - loads of top boozers round Farringdon and Barbican - and get the tube straight in to Wembley. On a tube 1 hour before kick off and you’re sorted.
JJ Moons isn't to bad for pre match to be fair.

I seem to have it in my head that the last one was 11 O Clock not even that long ago. As recent as a couple of years ago even?

Definitely picked it up at Watford about 11.20 not that long ago. Although that was midweek not a Saturday.
Yeah, think it’s definitely been 11pm midweek. Not sure if that’s the case now post-Covid. Even on Sundays it’s later than 9pm.

Not quite sure why you're aiming that sly dig at me @uwerosler28. As the father of a daughter with Aspergers, I've had my fill of dullards who trivialise mental health issues.

That I choose not to engage with them is of no concern of yours.
It is when your picking out the " bad " parts of a post on a forum for discussion and miss the bit where anyone with anxiety or mental health issues is a "fanny wipe" if your discussing a post with those comments in it expect the discussion to include the entire post.

It is when your picking out the " bad " parts of a post on a forum for discussion and miss the bit where anyone with anxiety or mental health issues is a "fanny wipe" if your discussing a post with those comments in it expect the discussion to include the entire post.
*you’re x2

I genuinely don’t understand the obsession with “which end are we in” at Wembley. All of the pubs near Wembley are shit. All of them. Drink near Euston/Kings Cross or anywhere else on the Metropolitan line - loads of top boozers round Farringdon and Barbican - and get the tube straight in to Wembley. On a tube 1 hour before kick off and you’re sorted.
Yep. I think you get to learn these things over time but I think some want the experience of drinking round Wembley with a load of fellow fans. I can kind of understand that as I don’t think I’d want to be drinking in some London pub with only 4 City fans in it but I don’t want to be in a queue 10 deep at the bar in The Torch waiting an hour to get served either so it’s a balancing act. I would add that all of my best drinking sessions round Wembley have involved getting cans from the off licence and drinking on the streets and the roundabout rather than in the pubs. Even right back to Gillingham in 1999 when we did tinnies outside The Torch.
As you say, the pubs round Euston/Kings Cross should have plenty of blues in but I think Chelsea will claim the likes of The Globe at Baker Street though. Not tried Farringdon or Barbican before but might give them a whirl this time.

For people who drive to Wembley it's easier if we get the westside coming from the North like most of us do

Yep. I think you get to learn these things over time but I think some want the experience of drinking round Wembley with a load of fellow fans. I can kind of understand that as I don’t think I’d want to be drinking in some London pub with only 4 City fans in it but I don’t want to be in a queue 10 deep at the bar in The Torch waiting an hour to get served either so it’s a balancing act. I would add that all of my best drinking sessions round Wembley have involved getting cans from the off licence and drinking on the streets and the roundabout rather than in the pubs. Even right back to Gillingham in 1999 when we did tinnies outside The Torch.
As you say, the pubs round Euston/Kings Cross should have plenty of blues in but I think Chelsea will claim the likes of The Globe at Baker Street though. Not tried Farringdon or Barbican before but might give them a whirl this time.

All the pubs round Baker St. will definitely be packed with Chelsea.

Gets too busy round there for my liking at the best of times anyway.

Many, many other options available anyway as I’m sure most people know by now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.